How'd it go today?

I got a call from a contractor today who wanted to know if I was an "arborvitus." I had to tell him no.

Nick, Have a roll of electric tape handy, a sharp, heavy set of snips to cut the cobra and cut it longer than you think you will need. Trimming off a foot or two at the far splice will robably not be missed at a later date

The electric tape is to replace the lousy heat shrink. Tape before you cut

Ahhh Ok! Never thought about bringing up some electrical tape! Thanks Willie!

I'll get some pictures when im done!

Nothing wrong with lifting tongs as long as they're properly set. Good there was only damage and no injurys!

Agreed.

Just remember skidding and lifting tongs are different; check the angles on the points.

On the bright side, Brian... you did say you weren't happy with how the last repair came out... :D

Day off today.....
Some kid has wanted that poor little 1993 Nissan pickup that took a deer hit a couple years ago. Rob was going to make a project for himself and never did. It had a great running 6 cyl engine in it. I had tried to find a 4WD Nissan to drop the engine into with not much luck. But it was not my project either. I had also run the thing off the road once myself in some loose gravel avoiding a deer hit that bent one of the A arms.
So it was kinda of being used around here as the little ranch truck moving manure and fencing around the property.
This kid saw it and was going to but it or 500.00. Well we have heard from him on and off for over a year as he follows construction work all over the state. He finally came and got it today. He ran into some trouble with his trailer rental and got here at about 12 instead of 8AM :lol:
Pretty much shot this day but the truck is by by.
Maybe I will go out and clean up some of the fallen branches around the yard or sumptin.

That flea market saw is definitely a Mini-Mac, just like the one that ate a hole in my forearm when I thought I was stronger than it was. Don't lean over a fence and try to hold onto a lilac branch while you cut it off. This was back in 1971 when I still thought I was bullet proof.

Met up with Fiona and her brother and nephew today. The Boston Bull set up a play date with my twins and his...looks like we now have a new fathers support group! We walked around Mt. Auburn cemetery which is a must see for treegeeks.http://www.mountauburn.org/

I encounered my neighbor on a ladder attempting to prune his trees as I was leaving this morning. I convinced him to wait for me to get back, even though he "grew up doing roofs". I introduced myself to him when he moved in a few years back but we're not exactly friends. Now it looks like I've made a friend for life for a few hours of ez pruning. Two people stopped and asked if I had a card (we live on a very busy street) I give my standard reply.."you can't afford me":lol:

good vibes today, all around:)

I spent the day hanging out with Bub. Watched the PVR of the Formula 1 qualifying from last night for the Malaysian GP, sorta watched the Masters now a bit of the Texas Nascar event while contemplating dinner. Oh, and I sowed some seeds inthe garden today too, beets and spinach. :)

I think it's the coolest thing that we can travel about the country (and the world) and have online friends with whom we can visit and feel right at home. This is probably one of the best rewards of the development of online communication.

I can't believe I used to just sit and watch TV all night. Now, I have teh interwebz, too!

Back