How'd it go today?

The stump made the mess, we just cleaned it up!

No, I had my sub do that one. The other was up a bank

Very nice job Willie, wow what a mess, and a superb cleanup.

Erik, I hear ya on that. Next time I'll lug around a smaller saw, tried to be macho I guess.

Tom came out and we figured out how to rewire the throttle up on his bucket truck .It original came off of a pressure switch which pulled in a relay to the ECM of his diesel .

That praticular switch is no longer available so we tied the trigger pneumatic dead man switch in with the palm button over ride .Works dandy !

Brendon, even if you stay with the 460, changing down to a shorter bar can make a long day with a saw easier on your body...as Stig will no doubt agree :D. Match the tool to the job.

The balance is better, and that alone keeps the strain on your back much lower.

Phone rang its heart out today. 5 calls for bids, got 4 of them right off the bat. Hopefully work will keep picking up and keep Treesmith and I happily busy.

I'm running a 20", as all my saws. I wasn't sure what size the wood was, it was pretty small actually. Some bigger boys I had to quarter cut. Sure is a pain though, as it wasn't a clear cut, and the forester doesn't factor in holes for you to drop them.:lol:

Too bad you aren't in Willard's world because they would all lean the same way for the most part....

Was that my outside voice???

:D

Pulling ya leg Willard in good fun;)

I'm running a 20", as all my saws. I wasn't sure what size the wood was, it was pretty small actually. Some bigger boys I had to quarter cut. Sure is a pain though, as it wasn't a clear cut, and the forester doesn't factor in holes for you to drop them.:lol:

Well then, you are a Stig disciple :). Puny little bars :D.

Bad start, good finish!

New guy put oil in the gas on th O20t plus he bagged the line yesterday so first shot the whole mess went up in the tree.
Finally got nice high tie in. Climbed up 6'. To windy. At six feet up I Chickened out. The movement in the stem and the wind chill, either one was going to make it miserable.
Cleaned up neighbours smalll Sugar and they forgiave me for breaking some lattice. Cool!
Cleaned out the tank of 20t and a half dozen shots of quick start and whole lot a smoke. Seems to be runnin fine now.
Newbies got their first taste of chippin brush. Both really smart guys Football Capn/physics and the other a nature boy with high computation skills. Pretty confident they get the system before the season is running full bore. They laughed when I told them to get life insurance, I am serious. Funny how you have to teach how to rake. Rigged out one big dead limb to try make some money today and what do you know, it went perfectly with the help of my telescoping pwer pole saw.
Thanks TreeHouse for lettin me spill.;)

Glad the saw is back to running!

Phone rang its heart out today. 5 calls for bids, got 4 of them right off the bat. Hopefully work will keep picking up and keep Treesmith and I happily busy.

NICE! That bike (LOL), i mean four wheeler has to pay for it self some how! Can you use it on any of these jobs?

Bit nippy here today. My bro had a tree split and fall on his house a couple weeks back, not huge, but he left it there. Today I had to go over and help him install a new wood stove. Took care of the tree too. While I was wedging, a gust of wind comes through, I hear cracking in the tree and it looks like it was setting back towards the house. Whoa moment for sure. Got it over, though, after stacking a wedge on "Stig's Plates". Need new wedges and plates too. The wedges spit out like champs, and the plates crack on impact. Other than that, sharpened a saw, and ordered some hydraulic fittings. Oh, got a small job too.

Almost through (as of tomorrow we should be) with a multiple gray pine removal job. The area in red will be completed tomorrow and we should start on the blue area as well.
Drop the trees, buck and brush. Slash is stacked in burn piles. I have talked her into keeping the two larger gray pines in green. Good hawk habitat. Hard to tell by Google, but this is all on the side of a hill. Nice open LZs though :D
There will be plenty of oaks left for the cattle to lounge around :)
The blue area will also require some thinning.
Just the two of us on this one with occasional ranch hand help (once :roll: ).
Today we went through 2.5 gallons of mix in the 044, 460 and 036 combined. Pretty good amount of cutting :)

Attachments

• Belrichard Bullpine removal.JPG
    Belrichard Bullpine removal.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 5
Nice thing about gray pine is that can fell them and they rarely are flat to the ground... You usually have to work the tripods out from under them. So you are rarely bent over :D
Down side is that they are sticky, nasty, brushy.......... Heavy as all get out right now...:|:
At least I have not had to pull out the 066 yet ..... :|:

Did another day of logging for firewood.

Wow, carrying around that 361 was soooooooooooooo much better today. Still feel like a million bucks after 8 hours of cutting.

Just one simple job today,drop a pine tree between a house and a shed.In out 150 bucks richer.

Last day of classes today, then break for a week. Guess I can get started on the pile of homework that got heaped on us now, and start preparing for the two tests I have on the first day back at school.....:roll:

Climbed and removed two nasty oaks first one easy just had to pray top held together as it was rigged as car in the spot almost under it, the next was one I just posted pic of bucket truck and rigging it on itself went fast but still had me prayin it could handle the stresses. then finished my day finishing a prune job from the day before.

Attachments

• IMAG0033.jpg
    IMAG0033.jpg
    781.6 KB · Views: 8
Back