How'd it go today?

Lordy, I guess... if you're putting the AC on in February, whattaya do in August? Burst into flames?

In August we stand directly in front of the electric meter. The cool breeze created by the spinning dials keeps us cool until October.

41xp7QtPpAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Delivered a cord of wood yesterday, try to start to clear out stacked stock.

Had our spring party, with a low temp yesterday morning of 8*F, and several inches of snow on the ground. No native shrub planting that we just bought from the county conservation district, no frogs singing in the pond, and no near full moon with the clouds. These were the three themes of the party. So, instead, we just hung around, had good dinner, drinks, smokes, more food, half a dozen sleeping over.

Good breakfast.
Then delivered a bit more wood this afternoon.

Hey there fellas. I have been busy as a one legged man in a butt kicking contest! I am doing really good I have what I was going for. I climb every day. Hope every one is busy and having fun.

3/4 the way thru a big old Silver crown rdn plus one more to go.
Hurt like hell to much pole sawin and have some lattice to replace.
2 day job likes three unless I take up the pwr pole saw and go crazy.

Good to hear your staying busy dan!

I have a few jobs in the works, i gotta sell some work before i get this big bill from obama in April. I'm working on two pretty good size mulch jobs (a car dealership, and a commercial mowing account that i have). I also have a few prune jobs in the works too. Hoping this warmer weather will get people to pick up the phone and call me.

I'm hoping this will help out a little too. A teacher at school nominated me for this.
http://www.wcpo.com/subindex/news/education/student_of_the_week

Got to the house this morning, to clean up from last night. Saw a glissen on the basement floor, and headed to grab my rubber duckies! About 2.5-3" of water down there, sump gave out. Greg and I hooked up a pump, and left it while we got supplies. Fixed her all up, vacuumed, blah blah blah.

Went to the parents to get my package. Starting plumbing in the hydraulic oil filter I bought to put on the log loader. Pretty easy peasy.

Tomorrow I'll start cutting some wood finally. Cutting/skidding trees for firewood on water company property for somebody.

Slash and burn on a slope I have grown less than fond of. Lady booked two more days. She had kept rescheduling us and never got much done last year. Ended up hiring my buddy Andy and his crew to brush out some PO... They did a decent job. She wanted more trees gone though. We shall oblige that request :D Solid canopy and have to pretty much make your LZs or walk em down. Fun fun :)
Loose rocks on the slope though kind of sux :P

Been busy here 7-7 with 45 min drive, a neighborhood is proving lucrative at present and the rest of the month is about as full as I want to get ahead. listened to yapping dogs almost all day, right over the fence, almost lost my patience with them though Lil ones.

I can relate, Joel. :(

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9fIyW6qPMRA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back