How'd it go today?

Andy, you have the worst luck with staying healthy of any soul I know. Sorry to hear. Having just finally thrown off the last of a vicious flu, you have my utmost sympathies.

I'm telling ya, late winter is the time to focus on health. Reduce substance abuse and up healthy eating and physical activity.

Lets see, I got a call about trimming 2 20' palms, no biggie, except for a broken right arm, so I took 4 vicodin and decided to try running up the in spikes,worked pretty well, but I should have started the saw on the ground. Sweet mother of God it hurts now that the pills wore off.

Got a call asking if I would be interested in coming in for an Interview for a municipal arborist position that I had applied for. I will be excited if get it. It will change all sorts of things. A steady paycheck would be a nice thing, vacation, retirement... and can keep the business rolling without working on the crew. Still interested to hear if anybody knows of a climber for the Olympia area that might fill my spot on the crew.

I hope you take it easy and let your body heal, Bill. Trying to do stuff like that while you're incapacitated is a sure fire way to further aggravate your injuries.

I wanted to post an update on my bathroom remodel in case anybody cares (or wants to pretend to care). ;)
All the tile is in, floor tile is grouted and today I picked out my colors. Spent 10 minutes in Bed, Bath and Beyond and walked out with a shower curtain and towels to match the floor and wall tile. Then to HD where I spent another 5 minutes picking a paint color. Somebody had suggested picking the paint color first but that makes no sense. There were only 2 shower curtains and 3 towel colors in the range I was looking for, but there are 900 paint color choices and the paint is the easiest to change. Anyway, I'm hoping to paint this weekend and get it wrapped up next week. I still need to buy a new light fixture and some other minor items. Amazing how much money you can spend in 40 square feet of floor space.

That's a good idea Brian, with the paint color. Amazing how many thousands of shades of blue they can make. Sure makes ya feel lost when standing in front of that isle.

Did some odds and ends at the parents hosue today. Met Ashly at the house and watched her scrape the floor. Decided I had enough of the fumes and cleaned the gutters of leaves/ice. A few buddies stopped by, and just bs'd. Came home put part of the log loager back together. Gotta pick up the hydraulic cylinder tomorrow, turns out the seal was shot inside, and the nut a bit loose on the end of the rod on the inside. He replaced, cleaned, polished, honed, blah blah blah he said. Should be good to go. Watched a new motocross vid, and my buddy dumped all his songs onto my Itunes. Have about 3,000 songs now. Just deleting the duplicates currently.

OK, here's where I am so far. The tub was $10 and the white wall tile was free. My color choices originated with the accent stripe. The floor tile and grout are chosen to hide dirt. The shower curtain has both green and brown (a bamboo pattern) so it was easy to pick the green from that.

Since the accent tile is the most difficult to match, I started there and worked my way out. The shower curtain is a totally different pattern but I think it works, especially tying in the floor tile. The paint will be similar to the towels. Not my favorite color, but it's the guest bath. The rest of the house is earth tones so I wanted to blend with that without having yet another beige room.

I thought this would be a good place to mention if anyone wants custom tile, I know someone who does that. She normally has a 2 sq. ft./ $150 minimum. She might be a little flexible for me. I could be the customer and do the shipping. Just throwing it out there, if anybody would like to customize.

Looks good Brian!
My day started well untill the first person to arrive where I check in says "we're doing tree work today?" I said yea secretary called me said we are a go for friday. so after a half hr it is decided that the secratary made a mistake so two hrs wasted and I had a check due that was in so it wasnt all a waste untill I stop at the bank to deposit and the agreed on rate is off by a considerable amount.:X:X I am feeling that this contact will be deleted after a discussion on Monday where It will be made right or I will leave them hangin for a climber. So I am saying Screw it lets ride Cedar keys for sunset. Hope ya'lls day is nice!

Back