How'd it go today?

Honda gx670. Got one laying around Dave? I found one for $1100 + shipping. Local shop can get the new 660 in a few weeks that are supposedly replacing 670

I think about $1400 all told.. Was a more expensive configuration though than some of the GX 670. Your's may be different. Mine had a less common shaft size and key for a direct swap.. I do not remember the config number. Every where I looked.. the dang thing was more money than other GX 670s :|:

Speaking of which Mrs Smith just got one of their catalogs out of the blue .She's never bought a thing from them .:?

Their stuff is made pretty cheaply, some isn't too bad, but the majority is pretty cheap. Im mainly talking about the bigger stuff you have to put together like a desk or a bed, etc....

I've done crosovers, out breaking, and mostly just out powering people, Paul, like I said, I'm a brute driver!
Looks good Nick!
Bubba and I finished up Christmas shopping, I think? Got some odd cigars and a punch for my BIL, went to the jewelry store for mama, a book for one of my nephews. I needed to get a tire repaired, it's getting to cold to go air it up once a week, and wanted to get them rotated and balanced. Went to the first place, my neighbor wasn't working today and this idiot kept trying to upsell me on crap. Then he told me an hour and half wait to get it in. We left and went to the store his boy works at, hour to get in! Called another buddy, he could get me in, but needed to borrow an 1 5/8"s socket. So back home we come to get that. Get there, they get me right in and fix it, I go to pay, "Merry Christmas, thanks for bringing in the socket!" SWEET!

Randy Andy, take the driving line very seriously, the first two games GT1 and 2, I drove like a brute and won maybe 5o%, once I realized what the line was and understood the traction triangle, I fared much better. :D

Climbed and wrecked 3 Cottonwoods on a hillside. Understory trees that ran up about 35 feet and then turned horizontal for 20 feet or so trying to find light. Nasty but at least I could set a line in the big trees to aid walking out the horizontal sections. Th Chipper had a fit and got hauled to the shop (backfiring and acting like it wanted to run forward and backward at the same time).

Two places on that engine Willey .Either Tulsa engine or Small engine warehouse .

The small engine warehouse guy is an old country boy originally from Wattsburg Tenn ,Roy Pagent .I've never seen so many small engines ,pressure washers ,weedwackers ,lawnmowers in one place in my life ,Dunkirk Indiana . It's like 5 acres ,wall to wall stuff .

Work was ok today. Climbed a few trees, chasing down storm damage and lifting a few small limbs up with arbor tie in some small Juniper trees.

Bad news is Dad has to have his foot operated on sometime next week I think. And he'll have to stay COMPLETELY OFF it for at least 6 weeks. No weight on it at all. Meaning he'll be stuck inside the house for the most part. Which means the only time we'll really get to work I think is when I'm off on weekends and can run the crew, or if he gets a contract climber to work for him for a bit. Either way, winter is going to be tough this year.

Hey willie, what about getting a bigger engine for it? At least on mine another 3-4 HP would really help...

With the engine wide open, can you stall the engine with the hydraulics?

I'm thinking about the practicality of adding a roll off/hook lift to the new 550. Completement the tree business and perhaps offer another source of income.

I pulled the bed off the old 550 today. Pulled the water/meth pump and tank off it and washed the rear axle assembly up for pictures (to sell it). The ball looks like it's bent 10-15* forward from the force of wreck.
2010-12-22132527.jpg

Today? so far so good, finished up a powerpoint for a couple pruning seminars I have to give in Feb and March. Shooting for 3 hours on one and shortening to 1.5 hours for the other, maybe I should just adjust my speech rate? lol.

No not wide open but if I had to drop money on a new one I would rather drop a few hundred more to get some more power out of it.

I came home today and my dad bought some supplies at work and the company had a deal if you ordered so much you get a iPad with it so he got one. I'm messing around on it right now it's pretty sweet... Only if I can pry it from his hands:/:

Sorry to hear about tour dad's foot Adrian. Hope all heals well and you guys make it through the winter OK.

I had an EKG and blood work done today for an out patient knee surgery I will be having next week. Torn cartilage. Should be a quick fix with minimal work missed.

Back