How'd it go today?

Brian what would you normally get just to remove that huge broken limb - total clean up
But do nothing else .

Idunno, Jerry. I suck at estimating, especially cleanup since I'm a Prima Dona bucket slug now. I think the job was sold for $1400 including some minor tip reduction on the house side of the tree. I'll probably be there a couple hours.

I climbed a big Jarrah into an unseen beehive, today.

One sting in the left elbow...ouch!

First time I've done that.

Suppose I feel lucky getting only one.

Some folks pay for bee stings.

Mine was free!

Bunch of run run around today... Delivered a cord of wood while I was out doing the running. Normally this is my day off. Levi and Seth helped me with 1/2 the cord so they made some dollars. ;)
Katy has school down in the valley tonight. So left overs and then on with the evening.
Had to get my exhaust welded in part of the running. Poor guys could hardly get things done with the phone ringing off the hook. Just one of those days. :P

Date with a pole saw tomorrow down in Catheys Valley.. Horse pasture lift. :P

Remember how bad pole saws sucked when you first started using one? Not that they suck any less now but before you build up those muscles, jeeeeezus I hated using a polesaw.

HO's often watch me with the echo that I can pretty much run 5-6 hours. I left them lift it and they just stare in disbelief of how someone can run one like that for as long as I do .. Let alone my corona. :lol:

Feast or famine here, don't know how many calls came in today!

Brendan, weren't you renting a shop?

Naw,

I have a small three door horse "barn" I disassembled and built on the property. It holds all the small tools, and the Thomas. Chippers under a cover-it, and truck is soon to be under a cover-it.

Saw another flier for a tree service today. Kinda knew of them. They were more in the Oakhurst area that I seldom venture into. Now they have a Mariposa number. Also a family with my last name so I am being asked if we are related.. Uhhhhh NO!
Seeing more and more landscapers and tree services from the valley now up here.
And of course the first thing advertised on the "Cole Family Tree Service" was topping..:|:
They also put on the flier that "due to the economic crisis they lowered their prices" and seniors are "1/2 price".. Ohh boy :|:

Just got word tonight that I can make this house deal of mine swing without selling my other rental, but just barely. Gonna meditate on it overnight. But It's an attractive option just stretches me kind of thin. Hell I've always been a risk taker though. I'd much rather buy another chunk without selling/sacrificing a home in this market. Then as the market builds again I'll be thick in the real estate.

Oh yah, also picked up the 66 I went to look at. It runs real strong, I can hardly wait to put it up against my EHP 660.

A bit of info to the mortgage person tomorrow and I should know for certain by the end of the week I'm thinking. I'm also gonna try and get the sellers to 'move' a little as the bank assessment came back under where we thought it would be. But up here anyways the bank assessment doesn't put any 'value' on outbuildings. Still gonna try and pry another 10g or so off of the price.

Maybe I should try that Stephan? I doubt it's any worse than doing everything for free!

Good luck Squishy, everybody buying houses is going to get mama in the mood to go look again. Kill me now! :lol:

Got Bubba off to school, going to start loading up and kill the Poplar here in a bit. Heavy back lean, going to pull it with the mini. I'm glad it's only 12" :lol:

MAN! I should have video taped that to show my AWSOMENESS!8) Targets everywhere, it was leaning towards a shed and the house, chainlink fence on the back side, block retaining wall on the front and prized shrubery on the other side of the tree. I had maybe a foot and half wide drop zone! As well as a nice manicured lawn, had to be careful all the way!
Throw line, pull line, notched it make the back cut then pulled. Sliced it up a little on the ground and loaded it up.
Fifteen min. from the time I got there until the time I left:lol::P

Got the boxer put back together. But that shot half the day away. Removed a broken hanger in a pine hanging over a garage. Bid and got 3 jobs. Keeping jobs lined up, just trying to put them in order so I'm not running all over town and back.

Booked a few jobs for the winter today as well.

Good deal, Scott. Cylinder wasn't any trouble was it? I understand getting the right parts can be a bear :lol:

I gave and got a bid this morning, picked up the grinder's parts, and came home and took the old parts off. Turned out my Miller welder has an adapater to use Lincoln/Tweco style contact tips so a trip back to town and the welder was back up. Got the belt guard's back plate glued back together, it should be cooled off enough now to reinstall and install the new sprocket and belt. Grind tomorrow then maybe pick up the trailer Thursday, we'll see.

Cylinder wasn't to big of a deal, not knowing what I was getting into was the worst part I believe. I did have to get a different piston seal, as the one in the kit was to small.

The retaining pin on the gland was a beast. Had to get a vise grip on and beat the piss out of it.

I think I pole sawed about 40 some odd trees today and then the trigger broke 5 hours in. :P Rob lost count at 36 and said we did more.... :|:
Called it a day and went to collect... HO expanded the job.....
Red and Pink areas are what we did and think I also did respectively today. The little green roofed shelter is gone now so hard to judge.. The orange is the rest of the original job. White are prunes (1 valley oak, 1 Japanese Maple, 1 live oak) and another pasture added. :D Guenthart2.JPG
Stopped by the dealer and they had the part. Fixed dinner and the pole saw when I got home. Sharpened a set of chipper blades for tomorrows work. 2 TDs (Canyon Live Oaks) and one more Black Oak to prune. See if I get it all done tomorrow.
Put my new Nybuck straps on for tomorrow and giving the kids baths. Bed is gonna feel good tonight! :|::)

Back