How'd it go today?

The problem with the grinder turned out to be a very slightly bowed fuel rack and a couple burrs on 2 pumps. The rack is moving free again (and I thought it was free yesterday :roll:) and I'm working on the burrs off the pumps.

Greg, why were those trees liontailed so severely? I know you're doing your job, but they found a couple really horribly overpruned trees to feature in that video.

Got my on the road tool kit ready, delt with workmans comp rip off.
wondering if this congestion will ever go away ,doc said allergies but i friggin' coughed about 100 times always clear .Sometimes im feeling light headed , sometimes it dissapears.
In think ittl be the end of me.
maybe im allergic to beer because seriously if i have some beer it makes the congestion worse almost immediatly.
Now thats sux dont it....
and i got newks

You're getting into some pretty technical territory there LJ. My cousin does about anything to diesel motors but the injector pumps he sends out. Does it have a Bosch system? He also says if you have anything major go on a deutz motor you may as well buy a new one.
I'm kind of retarded but I couldn't find the video with Greg. Help!
I just started discing my orchard this morning and then had a bid to do for a really small job in a couple of months. Just got back and got another call for a bid kind of a long ways away. Did some paperwork for the gub-ment job I did last week. Now maybe I can get back to what I was doing at 7:30 this morning.

It was definitely Monday today. I am starting to believe every monday is my groundsman's first day on the job, he has been here a year and seems to forget everything he knows over the weekend. Still managed to push on through and have a decent day anyway.

Greg, why were those trees liontailed so severely? I know you're doing your job, but they found a couple really horribly overpruned trees to feature in that video.

Spec says 16 ft over the roadway. This neighborhood is as urban as it gets most of these trees wouldn't be replanted today because of ADA violations. The F-d up part is we are getting soo many thank yous out on the streets from residents, problem is there are a handfull of arseholes making a big stink.

The complainers are loud and the thankers are quiet. Either way I'm screwed 'cuz I end up on TV and my office will get a TON of calls tomorrow..:cry:

I gotter up and running, Steve. Deutz, IMO, are a good engine, but the Germans definitely have their own was of doing things.

It's got an injector pump for each cylinder that's ran off the camshaft.

I gotter up and running, Steve. Deutz, IMO, are a good engine, but the Germans definitely have their own was of doing things.

It's got an injector pump for each cylinder that's ran off the camshaft.
Good deal. The only trouble I've had with mine has been the starter going out. I have the NA 3 cylinder.

We have a NA 3 and a Turbo 4. The one I was working on is the Turbo 4. We also lost a starter on the NA3, but that was because the key got stuck on and dad's friend didn't notice.

Greg, don't you also have to prune to ISA standards? You cannot prune a 25' tree to 16' clearance and still have a viable tree. You might as well remove it.

I understand the clearance thing but I also understand that you cannot remove 3/4 of the foliage from a tree.

Do you have any photos of the injector pump Carl? It sounds interesting. I've run a few Duetz engines, but never had to wrench on one. We've got a Woodchuck at work, it's a Duetz, I can look at that tomorrow.

Greg, don't you also have to prune to ISA standards? You cannot prune a 25' tree to 16' clearance and still have a viable tree. You might as well remove it.

I understand the clearance thing but I also understand that you cannot remove 3/4 of the foliage from a tree.

No ISA standards. I'm sure none of the trees had 3/4 of foliage taken off of them, the guys doing the work are pros.

Yes Andrew, that is also me:lol:

Do you have any photos of the injector pump Carl? It sounds interesting. I've run a few Duetz engines, but never had to wrench on one. We've got a Woodchuck at work, it's a Duetz, I can look at that tomorrow.

I thought about taking pics, but I passed. It's a pretty simple setup though, piston pump that runs off a lobe on the camshaft.

If you'd like I can pull one tomorrow and show you a pump and it's innards?

Greg, I surely don't envy your position!

SO today was a day off... Some new pics of stone henge in progress. Picked up some minimal wood today and started leveling and plumbing the posts for the headers. The 2X6s are gauged for the cutting setting the crosses to set them on for level. Then I cut the posts level. Yes we used the water level for marking ;) . So the front headers are done. A neighbor stopped by to watch (70 yr old guy ;) ) :)
The 2X6 after the cutting is them sandwiching the 4X6 header so no waste:D
Ya gotta love orchard ladders ;) Posts were not set enough underground to spike ...

Attachments

• P1010084.JPG
    P1010084.JPG
    200.9 KB · Views: 6
  • P1010085.JPG
    P1010085.JPG
    195.6 KB · Views: 6
  • P1010086.JPG
    P1010086.JPG
    195 KB · Views: 5
  • P1010087.JPG
    P1010087.JPG
    196.3 KB · Views: 5
:D
Some more ......
BTW that top of the post was 150-200# ;)
Treated poles are heavy Mo Fos!

Attachments

• P1010088.JPG
    P1010088.JPG
    199.2 KB · Views: 21
  • P1010089.JPG
    P1010089.JPG
    187.3 KB · Views: 20
  • P1010090.JPG
    P1010090.JPG
    180.3 KB · Views: 20
  • P1010091.JPG
    P1010091.JPG
    199.3 KB · Views: 19
  • P1010092.JPG
    P1010092.JPG
    196.7 KB · Views: 20
Rob sandwiching the header and more :) Stone henge is starting to look more like what is going to come of her ;)
Seth even took a couple :)
Yup... Ground = beer in hand ;) Done for the day :D
Each bay is at least 10 foot high in the front....

Attachments

• P1010093.JPG
    P1010093.JPG
    186.1 KB · Views: 19
  • P1010094.JPG
    P1010094.JPG
    197.4 KB · Views: 32
  • P1010095.JPG
    P1010095.JPG
    202.5 KB · Views: 19
  • P1010096.JPG
    P1010096.JPG
    205.4 KB · Views: 19
  • P1010099.JPG
    P1010099.JPG
    201 KB · Views: 19
  • P1010100.JPG
    P1010100.JPG
    197.3 KB · Views: 19
Today was Monday for sure!! I got another guy to come today so we could clear out the hedge. He was an hour late:( Finally got there at 9am and things went pretty well.Just to set it up, I wasn't pushing anybody, the saws ran out of gas in an hour, the mini every two hours. Work an hour, ten min. break, get some water, have a smoke, fill the saws up and go again for another hour. I'm really slave driving aren't I? Half hour for lunch as well, it was 88 with a nice breeze, I wasn't even sweating.
3pm the other guy lays down on me, he's crying he can't take the heat. The other guy, he's been doing good, thinks he needs to go "babysit" him. Now I am down two and PISSED! I shagged the brush until I was low on fuel. I stopped to fill up and get a drink, fire up the mini, it wont move! I've been having issues the last couple of weeks, push the button and it wont move, push it a couple more times or turn it off and back on and it's happy. Today, it wont move!
I am more than a little unhappy by now. I track it down to the relay's but I don't have the schematic to bypass it so I swap things around until it's happy and i can at least get it on the trailer. I got two relays on the way home, I still need one to change all three, stop and everybody gets out and bails, like right now!
"Thanks, don't worry, I'll unload and fix everything myself, like I finished off this afternoon myself!"
These guys are normally GREAT help, but if I get another day like this out of my regular guy I think he's done with me!:X

Stephen, I can't figure out if the swamp cooler, shop or ground is level in this pic:D
attachment.php

Back