How'd it go today?

Not much chance of tight wad Al getting another loan for anything .

That 11 years of house payments was the first for years ,like nearly twenty prior . It took a little belt tightening to pay it off that quick but the peace of mind was all worth it .:D

Congrats, Al!! Good feeling!

Carl, that looks like alot of fun....bring it up to Lake Cumberland and give me a call. I'll bring the engine and the sunscreen! :D

Crap, I've been paying on mine for almost 11 years and I am scheduled to be paying until May 2033. I have knocked two years off since refinancing in 2005, but I need to kick it up a notch.

Congrats, Al. :)

Crap, I've been paying on mine for almost 11 years and I am scheduled to be paying until May 2033. I have knocked two years off since refinancing in 2005, but I need to kick it up a notch.

Check into the bi-monthly payments, if you haven't already, Brian.

That's just a gimmick, Che. I almost always round up on my payment and any extra goes straight toward principal. No need to 'trick' myself into making an extra payment. I just need to round up my payment an extra $300-$500 per month instead of an extra $100-$150 per month.

When we came back to pick up Mom and bro we did some sight seeing by the shopping center and Ohio River front. Came across this tree during our walking. We're pretty sure its a Ginkgo tree. Fairly big for it's species we thought, though we've seen a few bigger than this.

Attachments

• IMG_0847.jpg
    IMG_0847.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 4
Awesome Al:rockhard:
It's most definatly not a gimick Brian, knocks years off a 30 year loan.
We pulled another big, hard day in 100 degree weather today. The humidity on the river sucked! But we did good, everything came down nicely, crane operator was good other than he never seemed to want to pick straight up:dur:

A crane operator who has the right touch for pulling away picks, they are a valuable species.

Age doesn't seem to be a factor.

Yes, the bi weekly payment thing works. I didn't mean to imply otherwise. Of course paying extra on the principal will reduce the term. I'm simply paying extra each month instead of making 26 smaller payments per year. Same result, I've knocked 2 years off my mortgage since refinancing in 2005. I just need to bump it up a notch.

The bi weekly thing is a good idea for people who collect a paycheck for a living and have to budget on a weekly basis.

It really worked for us.....we paid off our mortgage a couple years ago.

The last couple years I got pretty serious about it, did the bi-monthly and printed up a bunch of addressed envelopes and a bunch of papers with our name & account # and the words, PAYMENT FOR PRINCIPAL ONLY....quick and (kinda) painless.

Sure feels good.....

We pay ours weekly and usually 400.00 more per month... Sure eats away at it... :D Congrats Al!

Hey Carl.. Bass Lake in Sept is calling for your boat.. We rented a house.. Common out bro! ;)

Congratulations Al. I have hit a little lull in business. 2nd day of no work. I have some large bids out there but I'm getting my place looking a little better. Disced my walnuts and weedeated around the trees.

We start up there Sept. 6th and go to Sept 12th. Fishing boat available also :D I'll give you the addy before we trip up :D You are totally welcome to come up for a night even :)

Got all my running around done I had to do. came home and mower wouldn't start. Buddy who is dropping off chairs will pick it up, he is a snapper dealer and will fix it but probably not before the party today.
Got several calls from Musician friends from around the State and looks like its going to be a great jam session, lots of good players coming in.
Spent most of the afternoon bent over with my gas powered hedge trimmers sprucing things up as I sold all my string trimmers when I moved back home from KY. Back needed a few beers to straghten out.

Back