How'd it go today?

Funny, a bunch of middle aged tree men talking about massages and chiropractors. :lol:

Greg, you're a better man than I. Climbing in the rain sucks big hairy moose lips.

Just happy your feeling better Brian... That is good news...
Adrian sounds like he had a good day too :)

Adding to the day....

Rob's daughter Mara an his dad are visiting from out of State and Seth is back from AZ.. So the house just got tons busier....:|:
Wyatt also got a little delivery from UPS... His new computer to put together except the case... Christmas came early for him this year since he has been working with us..... Looks like he is going to build himself a nice game machine ...8)

5 hours on the hedge trimmers today, day two of three at a strata site I have taken on. Just trimming, anything under 15 feet, no cleanup. :) Hourly rate.

buddy of mine got a city gig, he (his small landscape company) was doing this job for a couple years, in and out every 4 to 6 weeks, they havent had anything done since last fall so I said we could handle it for a man hour rate, no cleanup. :) This initial gig is the 3 - 5 hour or so days (making about 30 billable man hours) on site, after that I imagine 4 to 8 man hours a month to upkeep, if that. No lawns, no tree work, so yeah, fairly straightforward. :D

Tom and the boys came out today around 10 AM and attacked a big pile of oak he had here .Split it up to sell come winter when money for trimmers is tight .

I fired up my own splitter after work and between 5 of us we got done a tad after 7 PM .Around 9 -10 cords I imagine . Some of those rounds were over 4 feet and it took all 4 of them to move the heavy things .

pos chip truck still down with electric probs,
chipper may have lost the fuel pump today..keeps dying under a load
and a completely proffitable day turned to chit
oh yeah one of the local morons, woke me up at a few till 5 banging on my door yelling police open the door, i sent her on her way.....but couldnt get any more sleep, got 3 hours though
turns out she was on something and found talking to a chair later this morning
at least i got my big bid in

Christ... anyone who knocks on MY door at that time of the morning gets my "special" greeting. ;)

just got back from doing an emergency job for one of my prop. mgmt. co.s.
kinda wierd a 30" maple lead snapped off and creamed a brand new lexus. No wind or rain :?:? just gave up I guess... Wow its times like these that a love that knuckle boom, specially as I can hardly walk because of my back:(Now gotta figure out how much to charge.

Don't forget not answering your phone. :P

Was with the hunny, buzz ya tommorrow.

No scratches on the truck Brian, I did manage to spray wax the chipper quick ;), and clean all the sap buildup out of the chute from my last run with White Pine.

If your not using it ya mine as well keep it pretty... :|:

I'm glad your back is better Brian! Sorry yours hurts Pete! Mine hurts as well!
Didn't sleep worth a hoot last night, back was killing me! Then up at 5:30. The 6:30 cement truck showed at 6:15, not a biggie, and we had the seven yards on the ground by 8. Floated, troweld and broomed by 12.
Spent two hours at the bar, got some food and a few drinks, then came home and had a pain killer. I was out by 3 and slept till 7! I needed it!
Tomorow I plan on taking Bubba fishing then chilling at home in the afternoon with him. I think we both need a "play day":)

Glad your back is doing better Brian, too bad he did give it to you Paul. That's the way he is. :) I did a trim on three trees about 20 miles away, got an emergency call that we did about noon. Had a chipping job this afternoon and I booked a $1200 job with the neighbor for next week. Then I did 2 bids and got home about 7. Watched "The Cleaner" with the woman. I like that show.

Today was great; lodged a nice half inch long date palm thorn into my large left toe. Not surface kind but actually lodged straight in there at the top near the nail. I'll try to get some pics of what they pulled out. A scalpel, five to six shots of lidocaine and two nurses later and it's out!

jp:D

Back