How'd it go today?

No, that wasn't what I was after. Besides, she's married, pregnant and her husband is bigger than me (he dropped her off and then picked her up afterward). I'm more interested in getting my back fixed right now. ;)

Sorry to hear about your back Brian.

Bum deal.

Massage is key, that stuff let's the body do it's stuff. Open up those bloody congestions.

Your muscles are thanking you.

I wrecked a pretty tall Euc today. Maybe 120'+. maybe 50' dbh.
All stretched out over a whole nother understory of Cypress and other Eucs.
After I delicately rigged the brush with minimal damage, I dumped 16' logs with pull offs.

The wind and the wood flex kept me prompt and puckered the whole time.

My first tree I've done in about 2 weeks, after getting over that swine flu crap.

Amazing how a tree settles down in the wind after you've cut all the brush off.
Ok not really amazing.

Nice work Deva, it sounds like a real lunker. Where you fighting the wind in Mill Valley, where the fog and the high pressure system do battle?

I was on Nauman st. in the Presidio, top of the tallest tree on the ridge.

We're clearing forest trees for an ADA access overlook that already has a trail to it, though not ADA trail grade percentage.
So they (planners) needed to meander the trail here and there and all about to acheive grade.

Sucks when limited natural resources are mowed down for legislation reasons.

My hat's off to you guys that do that kind of serious stuff Deva. All of you for that matter. I know there is many a tree I would turn down that some here would step up to do.

just finishing an out of town bid, prev wage, per diem...arrrggghhh i just about doubled the damn jobs worth with bs
i guess its a bid it and hope not to get it situation
would be sweet to do , but far away and lots of bs, it took several hours just to break down labor units and equip costs.....glad its done, time for bed...
the area north guy says hell call tommorow about the dead chip truck in my yard...hope he finally does

get well greg and skwerl...rest, its so hard for a tree guy to do...but try to do it, old movies and popcorn help

Today was great!!! Started with the crane job. For those that remember that huge Bur Oak we cleaned up, we finally finished it today. Crane guys came in, we rigged the stump, and it popped right out with now cutting. Operator said it weighed around 14,000lbs, so we had to set it in the trailer, haul it and the crane to the dump site, and crane it off, since the dump trailer was only could for 8200(dumping) Ground out the remained roots, and we're out of there by lunch. Pics are currently uploading.

Next was a quick job. About 5 hours. I thinned and deadwooded a Maple that had been topped about 6 years ago. Dad worked on a big, nasty Pin Oak that had wires going right down the middle. No or middle to the Oak, just the sides.

Overall, an great day!!!8)

A ton of Pines tomorrow though:whine:

I had a very good day today. I had a good night's sleep last night and almost no back pain today. This is the best I've felt in several weeks.

First job was a triple stemmed Magnolia removal partially over a house and another tree, was done by 10:30. Second job was a fat, hollow, dead oak between two driveways in a ritzy neighborhood. Almost no brush so I just craned it all down straight into the dump truck. Mama Raccoon took off for the woods and left her three lil ones behind. Homeowner didn't want them in his yard so I put them in the dump truck with the logs. They looked like pissed off, dirty little kittens. :P

Arrived on the third job at 1pm. We had rain and lightning within a mile so we chilled and ate lunch while the storm passed. Then spent a couple hours cutting back a huge oak with some tip dieback and some structural issues in the central main lead. It came out looking pretty good and I think it's safe for a few more years. I did this job for a guy I worked with 12-13 years ago at the city of Winter Park. In fact I learned many of my bucket techniques from watching him running a bucket truck back then. We had a good time and I even put him up in the bucket for a while.

8)

Skwerl you SOB, you gave me your back pain :X Dont know what I did but man Im hurting now, went to the chiropractor already but still hurts. This happens about once a year...........

My next step is massage therapy for my sciatica...

Today sucked. I have been trying to get a job done for a few weeks but the weather has been too crappy. It had to be done today, big red oak over a tennis court, lots o'big wood, no access. I get to the top and it starts POURING BUCKETS of rain. Sweet. I'm not walking away from this job at this point so we tough it out and get it done. Get back to the truck to 8 messages...trees down everywhere, on cars, blocking traffic, hangers, etc. nice. Finished the day soaked to the bone, made it home just in time for wifey to drop the kids on my lap and go get her hair done:|:

Back