How'd it go today?

I heard about guys putting a little drawstring bag on the apple when it was little and protecting it from worms with that. Also using a paper bag and stapling it.

Worked again a foursome .... customer is pretty happy with the progress ... adding more ..... although I had lousy luck with the Big Shot today which was a TEST of temperment ..... "You'll Have That" the last quote works in ANY situation (snowmaker training)

Spent most of the day with my wife ,visiting a few friends and family .

It took about an hour to stow my saws from yesterdays' GTG . Lawdy I left home with 15 saws and came back with 17 .A gent from Utah drug one halfway cross country for me,an old Lombard that came over on the Mayflower .:lol: Dan Henry sent me a super 44 Mac and a 5 gallon bucket full of parts from Pa .

The old Mac is pretty well just parts --but a super 44 is second cousin to an Mc 49 which was the most winning kart engne Mac ever made . You never know there just might be a Mac piped hotsaw in my future yet .;)

Spent the day with Katy and the kids on the Ag Tour. Kids got to see all kinds of animals and activities. Katy checked up on different livestock and gardening things. I mostly kept Lily occupied. Took some nice pics of things along the way...
I had seen a Yard Sale sign down on the way to an account yesterday at one of the local Landscapers homes and business. Katy and I both worked for the guy for a spell. Anyway.. Guess he is liquidating. Yup... Everything for sale. I knew he was in pretty deep financially.... I knew things were slow... Saw the for sale signs on a couple of the trucks. Guess he's done and moving on. Soon as he sells both properties and most of his stuff he and his family will be packing off to TN..

Played in a scrimmage softball game today, league starts in a week. MAn it was warm out today. Finally getting around to fixing my ac in the Isuzu. Parts should be here this week.

Getting wisdom teeth yanked sucks. I had it done about a year ago, and I was out for 4 to 5 hours. No pain though, which was nice.
Seriously? I had mine done in about 25 minutes, the wife was under for less than 30.
She is doing ok, just a bit swollen, sore and achey. Taking regular motrin every 4 hours or so, not going for the T3's yet, I never used mine when I had them, actually, I ended up selling them :shifty:

Mine were an SOB. I looked like a snakebit dog. Doctor was going to give me Tylenol 3 but switched me to percodans. They worked pretty good but made my stomach upset.

Worked again a foursome .... customer is pretty happy with the progress ... adding more ..... although I had lousy luck with the Big Shot today which was a TEST of temperment ..... "You'll Have That" the last quote works in ANY situation (snowmaker training)

:lol: good times makin snow. Brighton, Utah. Seems the lingo is industry wide.

When I had my wisdom teeth out last summer I decided to be a wuss and be put under. I wanted to sleep through it. I took two days off and rented the whole first season of Heroes.

smart man! I was out like the proverbial light for the procedure, IV drip on 'go to sleep' meds... The wife did the same, so far all is well but she is getting a bit more swelling today and its getting more uncomfortable as the hours wear on.

I laid around most of the day. Went to my cousin's and picked up my pressure washer. I have to wash the dirt off a bunch of walnut stumps before the dump will accept them.

Fun, fun this morning...

The drive axle sheered the bolts off the rear passenger side hub this morning. No tapping them out either... So, a new hub has to go on, which means, I have to push back everything till Wednesday, and I'm down another $500. :(

The bolts sometimes expand when they sheer off like that (from heat, friction, etc...) So, they're seized up in there. ...sucks.

I can't immagine them expanding, although the new "face" of the bolt might be a bit melded with the face of the threads. Generally it's not very deep and can be overcome with force or a grinder.

Or drill a hole in the bolt, heat it up with the torch and beat in an easy out. Sometimes a hot bolt will ruin an easy out but still sounds cheaper. Maybe you could find a hub at a wrecking yard for cheap. Is it an inboard hub or outboard?

Heat it up, let it cool, then back it out, right? The only purpose of the heat is to get a stronger fit to the ease out, right?

and to get the expand and contract movement after drilling the hole, seems to loosen stuck bolts very well

Good luck with it, Andrew. Sounds like these guys know a lot more about it than I do.

Today I cut a big dead limb off a tree and there was a screech owl in it with her two babies. The babies didn't even have feathers yet. I took the log with the nest to the Audubon Society lady since they were nonresponsive. They will keep them a couple days and then I'll help put them back up in the tree in a nest box.

I also went and renested another baby osprey on my way home and now I'm heading to Lake Mary to renest a baby red shouldered hawk that fell out 3 weeks ago and fractured his wing.

I just got dive bombed by a mama red shouldered hawk. She was not happy to see me so close to her nest, even if I was returning one of her babies. I'm really glad that I put on my hardhat with the face shield before going up.

Back