How'd it go today?

On site by 8:45. 8" dbh pine off a car port roof, two 10" dbh oaks off a fence. Chipped and home by 10am w/ $600 in my pocket. Took the crew out for lunch and went home and had a nice nap. Now to come up with 3 or 4 of those jobs a week......:D

Andy... Gay is the clients "real" name.. She needs an appointment "day" in May to have her ponderosa pines serviced ie: that have to be sprayed, due to beetles (nasty buggars) and then "pay" Steve for services rendered..... :D

Andy... Gay is the clients "real" name.. She needs an appointment "day" in May to have her ponderosa pines that have to be sprayed due to beetles (nasty buggars) and then "pay" Steve for services rendered..... :D

Likely story......

I was skimming the stuff off the top of the pool this morning with one of those little nets on a long aluminum pole. Saw my son's window up on the second story was open and his bed is right by the window. I dipped the net in the water to make sure it was wet and stuck it in the window and shook it aroud a little. He never said anything, he grabbed the pole and held it for a bit and I withdrew.:evil:

On site by 8:45. 8" dbh pine off a car port roof, two 10" dbh oaks off a fence. Chipped and home by 10am w/ $600 in my pocket. Took the crew out for lunch and went home and had a nice nap. Now to come up with 3 or 4 of those jobs a week......:D

A week?... how about 3 or 4 of those a DAY! :D

well hired a new climber and in the first hour he broke 2 saws. first saw he didnt take off the chainbrake 2nd saw he dropped it from 60 ft

Got through testing today with ease.

Also learned our small loan for the Jeep came through. We'll be picking it up between tomorrow and Friday!!! Can't wait!

Congrats, RD. :)

Got my truck back from the paint guy today (didn't I just do this a week ago?). It looks pretty good, but white is very forgiving. He skimped on the work a bit in order to keep it cheap. I wish he would have done a better job and charged me more. He ignored a couple small cracks and there's a ton of dust/ grit in the paint. Oh well, it's a work truck. He only charged me $400.

That is so funny Steve... My dad use to use ice water.. LOL

Started a new client today... Most the guys in here would probably think it would be a joke. It is a limb up job for fire safety requirements. Pretty much a cake job. Almost all of the property is accessible by the truck and chipper. Strapped on the Sugoi and took the 200t, pole saw and pruner. Raise limbs within 100 feet up to 10 feet (unless unreasonable on small trees to do so). All the dead I can reach with out climbing. Truck and chipper pretty much just followed me around all day... Our little chipper put out about 1 yard an hour of branch work... Was actually pretty fun... My back hurts a bit from the echo pole saw, but not too bad. So tomorrow, Katy spots and lowers for me. Rob takes care of some brush and chipping, and I get to climb and get broken branches in a pine and some over a roof out of a live oak... Another cake day :D Home owner keeping the chips and the wood, so we don't even have to transport. They don't get this good often around here ;)

Back