How'd it go today?

I'm disappointed in you, Steve. Pimping yourself out for tree work. How far did you have to go in order to close the deal? :big-wink:

On second thought, don't tell us. I don't want to know. :big-tongue2: :big-no:

That's funny Steve. I wonder what she'll be wearing when you come to DO HER job.

My day was decent. Our weather is still beautiful for at least two more days and then... I finished the day with a cat rescue. Putting my name in Dan Krause's cat rescue database might not have been a good idea. I had no idea how often cats get stuck in trees. Today's kitty ended up being a jumper from 35-40' up. I had a can of cat food in the tree with me but the little bugger wouldn't come near me.

Darin,

I don't know why people worry so much about cats stuck in trees. I mean, I've been doing this for a LONG time, and I have yet to ever find a dead cat or remains thereof in a tree. I guess that means they get down sometime?

Listen to this puddy 'tat...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RTPrwWPeHOU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RTPrwWPeHOU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Oh no the old Ranger died on the vine and in the middle of night too . About 2 miles from home the tranny finally gave up the ghost,no more go . Well I did get a nice brisk midnight hike out of the deal if nothing elase.

I'll go get it in the morning and have burial services in the afternoon .Rest in peace old buddy .:cry:

I just got back from retrieving the old thing . Big old Caddy and a 1" nylon rope I could likely pull a bucket truck on level ground .:)

Hmm,funny how things work out at times because in few hours a guy is bringing out another Ranger , '97 for me to have a look see .

Sorry Al, it's hard to loose a friend:cry:

My interview went GREAT yesterday. They wanted me to start RIGHT NOW!!!! All was well and good until we talked money.
Less than half of what I was making, and third shift.
Oh well, you win some, you loose some.

Off to install some some attic vents on a steep ass shaker roof house, should be all kinds of fun!! Wish me luck:P

Ahhhh, so far, so good, for my day...

I finished rebuilding a "well worn" dispenser on one of our ATM's, and replaced some cables that have broken over time on the same machine. What do they expect from a machine that has over 1,010,000 transactions.

I hope you didn't get too spoiled by the great pay you were getting at your last job. You might want to go back and dig up your old posts from last year when you were applying for it and remember your perspective on the pay at that time. :)

So far with my free day, some family at home time, then some running around for a couple of quotes. Now I think it's about time to become a double agent and go look at the two 200t's that went down on me monday. One broke a handlebar mount, the other is forked up and barely running for some reason. Luckily I've got three of the little buggers, if the 3rd one went down I'd have had to dust off the pos echo that floats around here somewhere or other.

When you go to the dealer to buy a new rubber mount for the saw handle, buy two and stick the spare in a safe place in the shop. They eventually tear even if you don't jerk and yank on the handle much. I like keeping spares of stuff like that so I don't have to make a special trip to the dealer for every routine little minor issue.

Back