How'd it go today?

Boeing is 98% of our work. All we really are is a warehouse for them. Any given time we have 34 million pounds of aluminum siting ther for them.

It was BS, but it was a job, and a job I liked and enjoyed, other than the politics. It challenged me.

But GOD IT'S A GOOD FEELING being able to turn the damn phone off if I want to!!! And hey, I don't have to carry two anymore:)

Happy days!

Steve Hansen,
You should buy/lease a prius. Those things jam money on power and economy, for as much as you drive.
I want a prius, those things rip, I got one over 100mph, with a serious fade to boot.

Hurray for cranes.

That's a bummer Andy, I'm glad you found peace from your work place.

I spread mulch today and redirected some irrigation things.

Best of luck in a more rewarding job, Andy! Til then, soak up a little un-enjoyment.
I'm bout to fire up the woodstove. Never used one before, and I'm a bit nervous, especially with the kids. I'm thinking though, people have been burning wood in their homes for hundreds of years, and their kids for the most part grew up just fine, right? Maybe an iron railing around the stove to keep the kiddies away, and hope a toy doesn't get tossed on top of it.

Don't take it lightly Jonny. Keep the little ones away from that stove until they're old enough to understand what it's all about. Neatness around the stove is key to less accidents and less chance of a accidental fire.

Respect it for what it is. But most of all enjoy the best heat you'll ever feel.8)

Nothing beats wood heat imo.

I know, I drove to SF on Sunday to visit my daughter , that's a 210 miles round trip and then on Monday I had bids scattered all over hell. I have a KIA Optima that does pretty good but my daughter in SF is using it right now so I drove my pickup. Filled it up before I went to SF and today I put $100 at the ARCO station. Normally I would drive the KIA but this is an unusual situation

Johnny, the wood stove cage is not that expensive or hard to put in.. I highly recommend it with kids... yet have a few... kids..
Anyway.. my Mrs. was trying to run a day care and got one as it is required.. sure saved a few burns I am sure with at least my youngest (almost 3 now). I personally like the piece of mind. I will try and find out where she got it on line as I think that is where she found one.. post it if you want it...

Never had a problem Johhny. Bubba learned and understood "HOT" very early and it wasn't an issue after that.
My wife wanted one, and I couldn't dissagree. But even in his crawling stage, he got it fast!!

Every kid needs to experience 'hot' once in order to understand what it is. Don't freak out when it happens and the kid will be very sure to avoid 'hot' after that.

I also agree with Brian... They do need to get the sting once to figure it out... I personally would prefer a wood stove burn to a pot of boiling water or oil on my kids any day..

When my stove is roaring it glows red hot. My daughter understands hot just fine without having been burned by our stove.

I will add I don't have any 'barrier' around my stove. But it is in the basement, so it's not like we hangout around it alot.

My personal fun is having the young uns feed the burn piles.. Love it!
Today just trimmed out a live oak over a house and deck and gave the chimney some fire clearance.... Then just took down some VERY dead live oak and white oak on the same property. Made fire wood all split out of them and stacked it. Came to a nice paycheck for me and the crew. Fire clean up tomorrow. Yup.. Wearing my most disgusting work clothes that will soon be covered with soot.. LOL

Today was a long one. Just when the day should have been over my guy jammed the chute on the chipper but good. I was nearly terse with him. We were chipping a type of locust that I have never chipped before and it was gummy and wet. We finished cleaning up just as the sun was setting. It was so late I offered to pony up for dinner and we ended up going to the Golden Corral all you can eat place. I was good and stayed away from most of the bad stuff and had salmon, fruit and salad. OK one or two cookies may have accidently tumbled onto my plate but it was a bad day and I needed to self medicate a little bit.

I need to hire someone because I am busy but don't want to promise anyone full time hours with winter and an uncertain economy coming.

did a pruning job this morning, planted some flowers and bulbs for another client, attended a special strata meeting for the landscaping of our complex and now home to watch some tube before bed.
:)

2 weeks ago I had the wreck. Just got a call from Enterprise wanting to know when I wanted my rental car.

Haven't heard from Esurance (her insurance) but I'm assuming that means they are finally getting off there ass and are going to fix my car.

For the record, called the Esurance agent probably 10 times, she's never answered the phone, always had to leave a message. And, when I say call me back on my cell (and give her the number, again) she still calls me back at the house.

Not at all impressed with Esurance.

I pruned trees and got paid.
Sorry to hear about your experience with Esurance, Carl. That cartoon lady is too busy stealthing around to return calls I guess.

She is kinda cute though. Still waiting on Enterprise, although I've been informed Scotty that they are waiting for routine maintenance to be performed, Captain Kirk is adamant that we need more power.

Today I gotta grind the stump from the tree I cleaned up yesterday. That will be after the rental car pickup. Then I gotta take care of a ticket and study for my first Cal test tomorrow.

For the record, called the Esurance agent probably 10 times, she's never answered the phone, always had to leave a message. And, when I say call me back on my cell (and give her the number, again) she still calls me back at the house.

Not at all impressed with Esurance.

Aww...don't tell me that! I just signed up with them a few months ago. Funny how you can always get a live person on the phone when your are signing up but when you want to make a claim.......:X

Good luck with it!

My vehicle is a Nissan Versa. It has a slightly bigger, slightly more powerful engine than my car, but it's a complete dog performance wise. Not a fan of it's auto tranny either. It doesn't shift so much as it slushes into the next gear.

Anywho, it's brand freakin new, 11 miles on it when they picked me up. The AC and radio works, I'm fine with it over all. It has a neat trunk popping option. So long as the doors aren't locked, there's a little button above the license plate that your hand falls on when go to lift the trunk lid. When you push it, it pops the lock and up it goes.

My insurance is with State Farm, and they have always rocked. When I totalled my jeep I had a check for it in about a week, for well more (a little over 25% more) than I thought it would be. They were fast, nice, easy to get ahold of, and overly fair.

Esurance has been a bitch getting them to accept liability. I still haven't talked to the claim agent, although she's talked to Enterprise (first to tell me they took liability), State Farm (Second). She hasn't left a message on my cell or home phone.

State Farm concluded a couple days after the accident that it was her fault. I had the police report last Monday.

The body shop just called to get their number and the claim number. I assume they are calling them to verify that they are accepting liability.

Time to go get diesel for the tractor, in the Versa!

Ha! Rental car = off road vehicle ;) Just don't scratch it other than that, they handle curbs, etc just fine.

I drive rent cars several times a month for my job. Funny but the age in dog years. You get in one with 10,000 miles and instantly think, aww, its over the hill ;)

In my next life, I hope I don't come back as a rent car.

I opted for the insurance, $16 a day and they cover any damage including full loss and theft.

1st gear= 40mph @ redline
2nd gear= 72mph @ redline
Won't let you back into 1st until you're at 35mph or below.

ETA Redline=6500rpm The Civic goes to 7200rpm.

I did a pretty interesting bid this morning. The lady comes out in her nightgown and says just a minute and goes back in the house and comes out and she is still in her nightgown. She has to be in her 80's and she leads me all around the yard showing me stuff and her 80 some year old boobs are flying all over the place. This nightgown had a slit up the side no less, and she had these really nasty bumps on her legs. Some bug jumped on her leg and she bent over to brush it off and, oh yeah, they're freewheeling now. Well at least I got the job.

Back