How'd it go today?

Supposedly the rash is relatively rare, like way less than 50% of the cases if I remember correctly. I wouldn't be surprised if I had it for a while.

From my windowsill in my upstairs office. They get all over.

IMG_7190.jpeg

This thing sucked up a spark plug. And it’s Quiet.

IMG_7186.jpeg

3120 filter not Euc dust proof

IMG_7183.jpeg

Someone else’s attempt I’m to finish up.

IMG_7172.jpeg

Sloppy photog, there’s a shed just to the left. Wonder if my truck winching from the back fence will keep the right tree off it. Hangs over the fence pretty good.
IMG_7170.jpeg

@Patrick A As long as you get antibiotics swiftly, you'll be fine. Doxycycline is a nasty antibiotic insofar as side effects for many people. However, you don't need a very long treatment with it in order to obliterate threats like Lyme disease.

Cleared one of our local hiking/biking trails. I ride this system about 6 hours a week and there was just too many obstacles. I cleared one part of the trail a couple weeks ago and got the worst section done this evening. A few cleared sections were unphotographed. Just used the 2511T and a small wedge. It had to be put in a backpack and biked in. I used the empty vodka bottles John gave me to hold extra fuel and B/C oil. Wedge pounded with rocks and limbs were levers. I better understand what a logger (especially European loggers) go through with one small saw and no truck full of equipment. Got pinched twice- once from being greedy and the other I just didn’t see coming.

Attachments

• IMG_0324.jpeg
    IMG_0324.jpeg
    7.3 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0323.jpeg
    IMG_0323.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0322.jpeg
    IMG_0322.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0321.jpeg
    IMG_0321.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
The 2511 is a great saw for that. Fits in a small bag, and light as a feather. It's also pretty quiet in stock form.
For sure. I know you take it in the woods when surveying. It’s pretty dang mobile. Those small vodka bottles were great! Thanks again.

Some of that stuff was 20” dia and the 2511 took care of it. Wouldn’t be my choice saw if I had access to the harem but it was so easy to pack in.

Spent yesterday just about shitting myself to death. Dunno where that came from, but the leading contenders are walmart celery, or aldi cucumber. I had one piece of celery earlier in the week that was filled with cream D^: The organic aldi cucumber was getting a little slimy on the outside. Both were thoroughly washed under water. I threw out the creamy celery when I found it, but the rest came from the same bunch. The cuke seemed good enough, but now I'm afraid to eat anything.

So far, today seems better. Hope it stays that way, cause lunch was chili with a bunch of scorpion sauce. That'll be really unpleasant if it's like yesterday.

I packed most of two suitcases and two boxes so far. I think I overestimated how many boxes I will need. Good thing I kept the receipts for once. Here's my primary suitcase (harness, Rope Runner Pro, Wrench/tether, best carabiners, 200' Drenaline, my GoPro/plus batteries, pulleys, rigging plates, throwbags and throw lline go inside, tripods, several LED lights, etc.).... I'll have my DSLR camera and lenses + phone chargers + laptop in carry-on luggage. As well as all of my medications... This way I can simply have a bag with everything I need to climb once I get there! I've got an entire box filled with hitch cords and with extra lanyards/ropes! PXL_20240616_004403726.jpg PXL_20240616_004119227.jpg

I hate moving. It sucks so much! It stresses anyone out! =-(
But it's better than having my country invaded by Russia, and being forced to move! Soooooo, yeah! Everything is about perspective and gratefulness!

It was always a challenge for me to pack my climbing gear to fly somewhere to put on a training workshop. Just the stuff I would need for myself to climb and work was not too bad, but add in the multiples, duplicates, and various alternatives that I would use for instructing a full course...that got heavy pretty fast. 50 pounds was quite easy to hit :). I usually packed two gear bags to check and put as minimal personal clothing, etc. as I could get away with in a carry-on. Might have to pay for the second checked bag on some airlines, but at least they were at permissible weights.

Of course, these days most of those rules have gotten more stringent and/or expensive.

I packed most of two suitcases and two boxes so far. I think I overestimated how many boxes I will need. Good thing I kept the receipts for once. Here's my primary suitcase (harness, Rope Runner Pro, Wrench/tether, best carabiners, 200' Drenaline, my GoPro/plus batteries, pulleys, rigging plates, throwbags and throw lline go inside, tripods, several LED lights, etc.).... I'll have my DSLR camera and lenses + phone chargers + laptop in carry-on luggage. As well as all of my medications... This way I can simply have a bag with everything I need to climb once I get there! I've got an entire box filled with hitch cords and with extra lanyards/ropes!View attachment 139373View attachment 139372

I hate moving. It sucks so much! It stresses anyone out! =-(
But it's better than having my country invaded by Russia, and being forced to move! Soooooo, yeah! Everything is about perspective and gratefulness!
When my wife and I bought our house, we said we’d die here because we weren’t moving again. We each had a previous house (and rentals) before we knew each other so we knew how bad moving was. Long distance moves are the worst. I can’t imagine changing countries!

Went and got the girls, first thing yesterday morning. The Ex wife has completely trashed the house and the yard. I'm not surprised by this, but I am disappointed. More distressing is that Kathryn keeps referring to her mom as "Mean Butthead". Also, the fact that according to KV, their mom hasn't bathed them in two weeks.

Sarah just had to transfer stores and lose a bunch of hours, because, well, she left me for her boss, which I think is just low and dirty. The store has anti nepotism policies, hence the transfer. So now not only do my girls not have daddy around, mom has no money and hit me up for cash, which wiped my meager savings, so dad hasn't got much. That said, I'll eat Ramen for a week, just to spoil my girls.

Anywho, we ran some errands and then cruised to Overgaard. KV really wanted to meet the boss, heck, she wants to go to work! From there, I proceeded to fill our day from edge to edge.
We went to the splash pad, and got soaked for an hour.
We hit the car show here in town, which Kathryn really enjoyed, as they had a whole row of mustangs.
A few weeks ago, I was naughty and laid down the money for an air rifle, mostly because KV has been asking about going hunting. Yesterday, my little girl got behind a scope for the first time, and proceeded to drill a Gatorade bottle at 50 yards, like she's been at it for years. The gun don't fit her, and she's hunting hard for eye-relief, so it takes her a while to get on target, but she's got it. She may well turn out to be a Badass With Bad Eyesight.

It's a mixed bag for sure. At 0400 on Father's Day, I'm filled with pride from my lovely little girls. Meanwhile I'm also chewing iron and spitting nails over their mother. Can't let it go, can't sleep, can't change a thing. Can't let on to anyone how I feel, at least not til I drop them off. Then I can scream at the steering wheel, Gertrude will understand, she's a good old Ford.

Later today, there will be more marksmanship practice. There will also be camp showers. At some point, I'll have to drop them off. Which will suck, it always does. Need a little streak of luck so I can get into a trailer or something, and soon, Kathryn told me in no uncertain terms that she wants to live with her Daddy, and that I need to get on that.

I do have a date tonight, my second one with a lovely woman my own age. She's quite nice, definitely has some rough edges, but I'm kinda into that. Besides, nobody is perfect, and I myself, am a cluster of rough edges and hard lines.

Side note: it's bloody cold this morning! The girls are in my sleeping bag, and I don't have enough spare blankets because two got wet today somehow. It is cute that they both fit in my fart sack though, for now anyway, they're getting so big so fast!

20240615_124539.jpg

Went and got the girls, first thing yesterday morning. The Ex wife has completely trashed the house and the yard. I'm not surprised by this, but I am disappointed. More distressing is that Kathryn keeps referring to her mom as "Mean Butthead". Also, the fact that according to KV, their mom hasn't bathed them in two weeks.

Sarah just had to transfer stores and lose a bunch of hours, because, well, she left me for her boss, which I think is just low and dirty. The store has anti nepotism policies, hence the transfer. So now not only do my girls not have daddy around, mom has no money and hit me up for cash, which wiped my meager savings, so dad hasn't got much. That said, I'll eat Ramen for a week, just to spoil my girls.

Anywho, we ran some errands and then cruised to Overgaard. KV really wanted to meet the boss, heck, she wants to go to work! From there, I proceeded to fill our day from edge to edge.
We went to the splash pad, and got soaked for an hour.
We hit the car show here in town, which Kathryn really enjoyed, as they had a whole row of mustangs.
A few weeks ago, I was naughty and laid down the money for an air rifle, mostly because KV has been asking about going hunting. Yesterday, my little girl got behind a scope for the first time, and proceeded to drill a Gatorade bottle at 50 yards, like she's been at it for years. The gun don't fit her, and she's hunting hard for eye-relief, so it takes her a while to get on target, but she's got it. She may well turn out to be a Badass With Bad Eyesight.

It's a mixed bag for sure. At 0400 on Father's Day, I'm filled with pride from my lovely little girls. Meanwhile I'm also chewing iron and spitting nails over their mother. Can't let it go, can't sleep, can't change a thing. Can't let on to anyone how I feel, at least not til I drop them off. Then I can scream at the steering wheel, Gertrude will understand, she's a good old Ford.

Later today, there will be more marksmanship practice. There will also be camp showers. At some point, I'll have to drop them off. Which will suck, it always does. Need a little streak of luck so I can get into a trailer or something, and soon, Kathryn told me in no uncertain terms that she wants to live with her Daddy, and that I need to get on that.

I do have a date tonight, my second one with a lovely woman my own age. She's quite nice, definitely has some rough edges, but I'm kinda into that. Besides, nobody is perfect, and I myself, am a cluster of rough edges and hard lines.

Side note: it's bloody cold this morning! The girls are in my sleeping bag, and I don't have enough spare blankets because two got wet today somehow. It is cute that they both fit in my fart sack though, for now anyway, they're getting so big so fast!

View attachment 139390
Sounds like your ex needed you more than she realized and sounds like you needed her way less than you realized! Glad you were able to spend some time with your kids. Seems like they need Daddy more than Mommy! You used to wash those kids regularly despite having to heat up the water in a camp shower! Not just for them, but for everyone else! Two weeks? She be trippin'.

Last edited:
I usually packed two gear bags to check and put as minimal personal clothing, etc. as I could get away with in a carry-on. Might have to pay for the second checked bag on some airlines, but at least they were at permissible weights.
This is exactly where my mind is at. I can always buy new, inexpensive clothes at Kohl's, but I need my climbing gear. I've got everything I need to install a line (even got my friction saver in there), and to climb SRS/MRS 4x different ways in just that one suitcase! Not to mention everything I might need to make videos on a table with lighting for knots!

So for father's day, I took advantage of an empty house while everyone was at church. I took up a pick and maddock, shovel and tools and proceeded to move a water line I've been meaning to do for a while. Water has to be shut off.
When I developed the property, I tried to look at least 10 years ahead on planning after the house was put in.
Hundreds of feet of water line, low voltage 10 wire and conduit to places slated for future stuff. Or at least run close to where it might be needed. Along with making sure water and such were in places I could extend it's reach as needed on either sides of fences and driving areas.
A lady that works with Lilly lives in a Camper/Mobile home. Like 30 feet long.
With her two boys as well. Both in grade school. I guess her land lord she rents a space from is kind of a creep and the place is a dump. So I am preparing a spot to rent to her. So there is now water and power (110) close to the spot I cleared by moving boats and trailers. Her boys will be able to enjoy the tire swing and such. 12acres to play on. And we are not entirely creepy folks. Not charging her much. But it will probably pay our electric once we turn on the ac.
So I gave a little of my time today even though I should be wrapping up an engine transplant.

So for father's day, I took advantage of an empty house while everyone was at church. I took up a pick and maddock, shovel and tools and proceeded to move a water line I've been meaning to do for a while. Water has to be shut off.
When I developed the property, I tried to look at least 10 years ahead on planning after the house was put in.
Hundreds of feet of water line, low voltage 10 wire and conduit to places slated for future stuff. Or at least run close to where it might be needed. Along with making sure water and such were in places I could extend it's reach as needed on either sides of fences and driving areas.
A lady that works with Lilly lives in a Camper/Mobile home. Like 30 feet long.
With her two boys as well. Both in grade school. I guess her land lord she rents a space from is kind of a creep and the place is a dump. So I am preparing a spot to rent to her. So there is now water and power (110) close to the spot I cleared by moving boats and trailers. Her boys will be able to enjoy the tire swing and such. 12acres to play on. And we are not entirely creepy folks. Not charging her much. But it will probably pay our electric once we turn on the ac.
So I gave a little of my time today even though I should be wrapping up an engine transplant.

That's really kind of you. Very few people these days would think to optimize their own property with muscle and sweat for someone else.

How's your ground to dig in? My impression from pics is 'hard as a rock'.
Hard pan and clay with rock. Little late in the season for digging. Only needed a 10 foot long trench and a foot down rarely freezes.
I insulated the line any way as the feed is 24" down. And this will not only prevent freezing at 12", but keep the line cooler in summer.

Back