How'd it go today?

Worked with Mike on the job we were on last week. He's removing hangers here...

IMG_20240609_083131432.jpg

I was telling him, ICE exhaust has really been bothering me lately. I was feeding the chipper, and felt like I was gonna fall out. Running my saws even for a minute gets me feeling half sick. Some of it's the heat, but it wasn't even that hot today. I'm gonna check the carb on the chipper. I think the choke isn't fully opening, and my echo I've been using a lot could be leaned a bit. Maybe that'll help.

So...

Met with the detective at the end of FSR 144. We went to school together, and he recognized me immediately.

The guy from yesterday had stayed up all night drinking. At around 0500 he got in a minor scuffle with his brother in law. An hour later he roughed up his wife's dad too, which led to another fight with the brother and I guess he slapped mom around a little too before he shoved his wife in the Polaris and took off like a bat out of hell. Apparently he went and did doughnuts around all the campers he could find, and generally continued behaving like a dickhead. At some point, he ran over a lady's little dog. Eventually he made his way back towards town, chased my herd of neigh-bors, and ran across me.

I was informed that because of his reckless driving and obvious aggressive behavior, that his driving up to me, in the manner in which he did, constituted a valid threat to my physical well-being and safety. Because I was shouting insults, not threats, I was perfectly within my rights, and he was obligated to ignore me or drive away, not to engage with me.

The state of Arizona doesn't have mutual combat laws. If two guys get in a fight, the cops show up, and neither one wants to press charges, it doesn't matter, the state will press the charges on both parties. That's exactly what I've been worried about this whole time. I figured I'd have been arrested yesterday, and was stressing hard because they seemed to have no interest in me. What game are they playing at here? They weren't playing games, they dont care about what I did, because this cat was running amok, terrorizing folks. Maybe knowing the detective helped too, and the fact that we were actually friends for the short time I was in high-school. He greeted me as Kaveman, not my govmint name. When he saw just how worried I was, he told me, "I've never seen you fight for no reason. The horses were reason enough, by some people's thinking. That guy was going to have something catch up with him, and the way he was carrying on, it's probably better it was you and not us. If he had driven at one of us like that..."

So as of now I'm free and clear, all is well. As for the young Hispanic asshole who is on soft foods in Holbrook, on the end of the dental list that typically four months long, he is facing the following charges:

Aggravated assault, x7
Theft of a means of transportation x1
DUI/DWI x2
Reckless driving, x9
Reckless endangerment, x9
Kidnapping/Unlawful restraint, x2
Violence towards Animals, x16
Cruelty towards animals, x16
Harassing wildlife, x15
Destruction of public lands, x12

That's all I could remember, there might be more. He's getting a separate charge for every horse in the herd, and the dog he ran over, which survived with scuffs and a cut. Basically this guy is screwed already and they're not done talking to people and finding more to fry him on. I almost feel bad for him, coming up for a camping trip that became the worst weekend of his life. But then I figure that this guy showed his true colors, and is reaping his reward.

Anywho, that's about enough of that excitement. When I walked back to my truck this is what I found...View attachment 139269View attachment 139268

I've got a date tonight with a lovely lady my own age, so I've got to go find a rain box and make myself presentable.
Good to read you are in the clear and sounds like karmic forces are in your favor.

Worked with Mike on the job we were on last week. He's removing hangers here...

View attachment 139274

I was telling him, ICE exhaust has really been bothering me lately. I was feeding the chipper, and felt like I was gonna fall out. Running my saws even for a minute gets me feeling half sick. Some of it's the heat, but it wasn't even that hot today. I'm gonna check the carb on the chipper. I think the choke isn't fully opening, and my echo I've been using a lot could be leaned a bit. Maybe that'll help.
Use Alkylate fuel like the overpriced Stihl Motomix, or the more affordable Aspen 2. I'd add a little extra Echo Red Armor oil to either. Engines will richen up in the heat and humidity. Make sure the air filters stay clean.

I have Aspen as backup fuel my saws. It would be expensive running it(Aspen4) in the chipper. It would cost $164 to fill the tank, or ~$40/hr.

Off work today. Went HomeDepot to get a lid for one of their buckets. I scored a bunch of Toblerone bars $7/8, and I'm gonna give them out for halloween. I wanted to use a bucket to store them so bugs don't get inside til then. I had the almost new bucket I got with the little shopvac, so all I needed was a lid.

Looked at the choke on the chipper. All the thinking I've been doing on how to fix it was for naught. The cable sheath simply fell out of the mount, and wouldn't hold the choke fully open. I stuck it back in place, and it's right now. It may fall out again, but I didn't feel like removing the hood to really look at it. If it persists in falling out, I'll take the hood off, see exactly what I'm dealing with, and fix it better.

Stikine river trip today. I was hoping to get a good GPS track at a minus low tide View attachment 139255crossing of the flats but it was too windy and I couldn't see shit for channels etc. Oh well it was a good day. A few scenery photos to share.
View attachment 139256
View attachment 139257
Classic Castle Mountain picture. It's one of the boundary peaks between Alaska and British Columbia.
View attachment 139258
Twin Lakes cabin...yes, @cory you can rent this. (grin)
Interested

Shortened grass today. I didn't feel like it, and I could've put it off til Friday, or maybe even Monday, but the weather's gonna get shitty starting tomorrow, and worse after that. I raised the deck another click. Hoped to keep from knocking the flowers off the clover, and higher will be better for hot weather. I think I did my shittiest job ever. Skipped lots of bits to protect the clover. I'm just about out of fucks to give for the lawn. Looks a little silly, but see previous sentence :^D

Busy getting my apartment ready for vacating. I still don't have a new apartment secured (my goal is to have one by the 15th), and I still don't have a new prescriber (for my meds) secured (my goal is ASAP). I'm having trouble with some prescribers being unwilling to prescribe stimulants like Ritalin, which I desperately need. And/or not having any appointments ready until 3 weeks or one month ahead of time. I move July 7th.

I'm right around at the latter spectrum, so hopefully I can find someone soon. Going to be spending all day tomorrow making calls. Today I spent all day loading up trash bags with useless crap and also literally giving away over $150 worth of random shit I simply can't afford to move with to complete strangers and neighbors.

Super stressed out. Did I mention that I'm stressed out? lol

Moving sucks. I've moved myself, offices, and friends. I'd be super happy to never move again, and with any luck, I won't.

Busy getting my apartment ready for vacating. I still don't have a new apartment secured (my goal is to have one by the 15th), and I still don't have a new prescriber (for my meds) secured (my goal is ASAP). I'm having trouble with some prescribers being unwilling to prescribe stimulants like Ritalin, which I desperately need. And/or not having any appointments ready until 3 weeks or one month ahead of time. I move July 7th.

I'm right around at the latter spectrum, so hopefully I can find someone soon. Going to be spending all day tomorrow making calls. Today I spent all day loading up trash bags with useless crap and also literally giving away over $150 worth of random shit I simply can't afford to move with to complete strangers and neighbors.

Super stressed out. Did I mention that I'm stressed out? lol
You have to learn to let the stress go. It's not easy, I know, but you'll get better at it with practice. Put on some good headphones, turn the lights off, and listen, don't watch, to this

When faced with stress and the like, i find it's best to focus on what you can change and accept what you can't, then make a list and plan how you're gonna do it all and just go to work on the stuff you can do. The fastest way to work is by calm, measured steps that are planned out, so you can maximize efficiency and improve results. Hang in there

Sounds like me and my lawn:\:

And that's why mine is an animal sanctuary :lol: You get to see deer, turkeys, owls, coyote pups, etc right out the backdoor. Lots of bees visiting all the brush, a few snakes, basically a healthy ecosystem that's partly sustained by the unmowed vegetation in the back. I mow a bit less than half an acre, and my amazing wife hit it today with the push mower, looks like a park 🥰 Told her not to but she did anyways, it'll be mine from here on out as the temps ramp up, over 100 heat index next week, time for the work thermometer :lol:

I gave away 9 cans of ($110) French Market Dark Roast coffee to someone this morning and it made my day. I love random suprises and I love surprising people with fun and exciting opportunities amidst their overall boring days.

I just gave away another 7 cans ($84) of the same coffee to this random girl about my age walking her dog. I basically went outside and she was the first person I saw! She's heading over to my apartment after she puts her "confrontational" dog away...

+1h 45m She hasn't arrived. I think she suspects me for a predator. Whatever. I'm giving her one more hour (already been 1.45 hours) and then I'm giving this to the next person I see. I don't have time for her to pair up with her "girlfriend" as backup. I've got shit to give away. Got grounds to disperse for free!

Last edited:
Just finally got "the call" that I have been fearing my entire four years of living at my Scottsdale, AZ, apartment complex.

The leasing office called and told me that I'm no longer allowed to climb their trees for liability reasons. Someone complained about me being out late at night "peeking through windows," which is another way of saying doing "astrophotography" and having a neighbor that is sooooo full of themselves that they think I would focus my camera onto them. And the woman I spoke to told me that all of the maintenance workers I spoke to said I needed to stop, despite them actually not even knowing how to address the situation, and despite them actually giving me the green light on two occasions. It always sucks when people have to lie to cover up their mistakes, but I gave this woman the actual name of the guy who gave me permission only a few months ago, so hopefully he owns up to his mistake. She 100% believes I'm just an innocent photographer/videographer.

Anyways, I was completely and fully understanding. I told her that I'm moving in a month and that I would desist from climbing any of the trees on their property. She told me that I was allowed to continue filming demonstrations on the ground, and that she's lived here for 11 years and that she supports what I'm doing by trying to educate other climbers and has seen me around the complex, climbing for years.

But it's way too hot to be filming anymore content without my cameras overheating, and I already have enough content lined up for the next few months. No big deal. Glad this happened during my final month after climbing on their trees, unhindered, for four wonderful years! I'm honestly stunned that it took them so long to address this massive "liability." Not that I would ever actually sue them if I were to hurt myself.

Back