How'd it go today?

Well...
Had to break up with the new girlfriend today. Turns out that dumpster fire can rage on unabated, as my efforts won't avail.

Her two boys are in foster care. There's the first red flag.

My best friend's mom is the foster parent. There's the conflict of interest.

So i still have friends but now I'm single again. Easy come, easy go. The world turns.

No mother who's had her kids taken, needs to be around mine. There's the cold, hard truth. Am I judgemental? I don't care. Those are my babies, and they will have the best. I feel terrible for accidentally exposing them to trash.

Anywho, I killed a few pines, so dis the boss. We clean up tomorrow.

@CurSedVoyce it never ceases to amaze me how dry and dusty it is where you're at!

I managed to get the first terrace cleaned up of ivy, and i should be able to use the backhoe on the other 2 levels because they don't have anything the wife wants to save. I stood up funny while i was doing it which threw my back out, so that's been fun. I also managed to get ivy because i didn't wash it off soon enough, and now my neck is oozing, also fun :lol:

Well...
Had to break up with the new girlfriend today. Turns out that dumpster fire can rage on unabated, as my efforts won't avail.

Her two boys are in foster care. There's the first red flag.

My best friend's mom is the foster parent. There's the conflict of interest.

So i still have friends but now I'm single again. Easy come, easy go. The world turns.

No mother who's had her kids taken, needs to be around mine. There's the cold, hard truth. Am I judgemental? I don't care. Those are my babies, and they will have the best. I feel terrible for accidentally exposing them to trash.

Anywho, I killed a few pines, so dis the boss. We clean up tomorrow.
I think you should view it as a win. You were able to make a rational, but difficult decision quickly, without wasting undue time on someone you knew (deep down) was never going to work for you. I think you made excellent decisions and I applaud you for putting your priorities (yourself, your family, your ideals, etc) first.

Love for anyone is one of the best and most difficult aspects of life that we will ever have to navigate. There is way more juxtaposition of emotion (more ups and downs) than with most other human experiences. But at the end of the day, it's worth it. At the end of the day, you can start over.

Back at work. Just feel wrung out and a big fat headache.

Contractor guy I know showed up and dumped some mostly dirty junky logs in the shop yard that we had kinda talked about. Dump truck spread them out so I played with a big loader we just finished fixing, pushing them together until I can deal with them next winter. Getting mini splits installed in my RV trailer so my brother can stay in it for my son’s graduation. Work is gonna be tricky. I’ve been off sick, other supe is gonna be off a couple days, then I’m gonna be off a few days for graduation. Tossing the baton back and forth…try not to let stuff fall between the cracks.

I guess the overall question is "Why is there an RV parked in a garage with ac hooked up to it?"

I swear to god I read his previous post again after the rv pic, and still didn't see that. Some days...

It’s in the weld shop at work. One of my guys fabbed up supports for the outside part on the tongue of the trailer.

It’s 100 degrees here and getting hotter.

Here is the inside half. Mini split AC units are great. Low amp draw, cheap, basically silent. I have one ton in my upstairs office at work and a 2 ton in my 15x30 metal shop at home. 🤔 not sure if I posted about my shop insulation project here

IMG_7666.jpeg

Spot's mad at me. She got her first bunny this year, and I think I caused here to lose it. She brought it out back, but it was still alive. She put it down, was laying next to it, and the rabbit bolted. She snatched it up again, and I chased her around the house. At some point, I think it got away from her. Might just be a temporary reprieve, but maybe it'll live long enough to grow up.

At the O'hare airport to fly home.

Been busy visiting/ helping my mom and brother since Monday.

Lots knocked off the list, few hours of sleep. Tuesday night I stayed up all night working around their house.

My Mom, 83, is weak after 2 falls, never recovering strength and stamina. My older brother, 55, lives with her.

In for a good weekend with Dahlia.

Miriam dropped me at the airport at 515a on Monday and is picking me up tonight.

Boss called me a little bit ago, and said his dog was flipping out at the chipper, and there was something inside. Asked me how to open the hood, and I guided him through it. He opened the hood, moved the disc a little, and a bluebird flew out. Must've gone down the chute. He dropped the guide flap, so hopefully it won't happen again. That was my excitement for the day. Otherwise, I stayed home and watched Trek all day :^D

Got a thorn in my toe last night, and I can't see to get rid of it. Feels like a wineberry thorn. Annoying.

Had to drop the boss off at his house, so I used the opportunity to start the chipper, and make sure it still works. A baby bird came out the chute and died. Might've had a chance if the deflector wasn't down :^(

Weird day at work. Too hard to explain in a brief manner but a cap on an abandoned drain line under the sink shot off and blew the cabinet doors open and landed across the kitchen spraying grease and rust everywhere. I capped under the sink as well as in the basement when I ran new pipes last month. Apparently, the old kitchen wasn’t vented at all and I sealed 2 ends of a pipe in an outside wall facing south with no shade in a house that has 100 year old insulation. Air pressure built up and POP! Took some diagnostics to figure it out

Hit the trails for a few hours after work with neighbors son. We got a few hours in yesterday as well. I’d love some tree work in the evening but at least mountain biking is fun and healthy for me.

Attachments

• IMG_0034.jpeg
    IMG_0034.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0036.jpeg
    IMG_0036.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0032.jpeg
    IMG_0032.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
Back