How'd it go today?

I pretty much starved it today and yesterday, and i seem to have the upper hand at the moment. Debating about going to work tomorrow, but we'll see.

Or just tell everyone to stay away. Some of the guys at work must think I’m a walking germ. Every time they approach I tell them I might be sick and they should keep their distance.😆

Good day at work even though we were up in Cleveland. Lots of picks with a terrible lay down area. Had to bring everything to max boom angle and walk it down under the wires.
IMG_7702.jpeg
End of the day pic. We got it below the primaries so I was happy.
Then home for a quick meal and shower and then off to BJJ. It’s rough being one of the oldest guys in there and also one of the lightest. A few of them got a hundred pounds on me and I always seem to end up with one of them on the last roll. Makes me feel out of shape by the time I’m done. Still enjoy the heck out of it.

Fair to say if you were climbing regularly as opposed to being the crane op, there'd be no bjj after work?

Cutting the trees wasn't quite as much fun as I was hoping, but it was still better than surveying. The goats were hanging around of course. Little assholes spilled a brand new bottle of canola oil. Knocked it off the truck while I was cutting, and the cap came off.

They're like cats. Get into everything, and the whole world's their playground. Probably why I like them so much :^D Here's Zeus...

IMG_20240404_093056338.jpg

Well pump swap went well. New pump had a 1" discharge. I had every type of bushing and reducing coupler except that. If I had a 1" close nipple, I could have gone to a 1" to 1 1/4 reducing coupler, then a 1 1/4" to 3/4" bushing, to a 3/4" nipple. I might have had that close nipple if I looked hard enough, but I decided I'd rather go to town and get the right bushing and not look like a total hillbilly. :/: Still didn't go easily enough to make me want to be a plumber. Electrician is much easier, and way fewer tools. A regular screwdriver. A pair of lineman's pliers to beat on the screwdriver. A drill. And a sawzall to cut the plumber's pipes out of the way.

As I have been a plumber, I have never messed up anyone's electrical, HVAC, concrete or drywall. Yet each of those trades, including framers, have messed up my plumbing. As a plumber, I have been made to repair, drywall, framing, and concrete. Not a single one of the other trades have ever fixed my shat.
Just my .02

Looks like I'll have to pull the starter out of the dump truck. The connection going into the starter is loose, and it's very tight down in there. Surprisingly, the battery that I cooked the stud out of still has 12.39 volts. Trying to figure out how to attach a battery cable to it. :/:
20240405_143631.jpg

Sinking something in the top would probably require bracing so it wouldn't shake loose. Maybe a wood frame. Casting a new post would probably be better.

If /I/ were told to cast a new post, and me knowing nothing about it, I'd put a screw into the stud, find or make a circular form for the top, then pour lead into the form. No idea if that would work.

Do you have a battery rebuilder near you? We have an interstate battery in a neighboring town that rebuilds batteries on site, so i buy nothing but recons from there, and they're wayyyyyyy cheaper than one from a store. I got 2 for my f350 for just over 100 this past winter, that much of a difference, so needless to say pretty much everything i own has batteries from there. You could probably buy a new stud or cast one, separately, and then install that, but I've never wanted to pull a battery apart enough to know how to do so, but I'm sure there's plenty of info online on how to rebuild them yourself if you were so inclined. You could also probably do a stud if you prefer, maybe even drill and tap it to add a stainless stud.

Back