How'd it go today?

That is good news @Knotorious. The liver is a pretty amazing organ since it can rebuild itself. High protein has to be one of the better diets the dr can recommend. I’m not full blown carnivore, but meat is definitely a big part of almost every meal I have.

I had a great weekend. I took the kids to a kids jujitsu seminar. Basically it was an interactive attempt to get more business but my son enjoyed it. He went from being shy to all in once they started. The girls wanted nothing to do with it. So now we need to figure out how to balance jujitsu, scouts, and baseball with him plus the girls activities. I’m going to make time for me to start as well. Then last night the wife and I went to a local fundraiser dinner. It was catered by our favorite local restaurant. I ate way too much brisket. Then to the grocery store to finish our date night.
Today we had breakfast as a family and got the chores done together. I also cleaned out some nasty part of the washing machine. It’s some once a year thing. And then replaced the spray dohicky for the kitchen sink. Finished that and then located the hydraulic leak on my mini. Two short hoses had rubbed themselves together enough that they both are bad. I’ll get them changed out this week sometime. My mother in law asked to have the kids overnight ( no school tomorrow) so we went on a second date night. We have a pile of gift cards and I was craving steak. The porterhouse I had ranked in my top five of all time at a restaurant. Everything was superb. Now I’m getting things ready so I can head back to work tomorrow.

Curious to see how it burns. I've never used more than a piece or two at a time. I don't recall being impressed.
I burned 100% Norway maple this weekend, and I'm still not impressed. Relatively low heat, and high ash remains. It does burn though, and getting it already seasoned is a stroke of good fortune, but I wouldn't seek it out under normal circumstances. Another positive is it splits like a dream. All it really takes is a stern look, and it comes apart. Even branch unions that would be 2-3 wedges and a lots of banging in cherry or oak, are like 3 strong hits with a light axe, so it has that going for it.

Today ate shit on numerous levels. I'll only get into the chainsaw. After a terrible day at work, I decided to look at my poulanpro to see why it isn't oiling. I lost the circlip to clutch retainer whatever on the clutch, and like a dumbass I started the saw with the spur and brakeband removed. The clutch flew apart, broke a piece of the case, and hit me in the chest. I'm lucky I didn't get hit in the face.

So, I'm on the right track to finding the oiler, right? It's behind the clutch somewhere if I remove that? The IPL just shows it in it's own special box, and not where it came from.If I can't get the clutch back together, my older poulan has the same part#, so I can use the clutch and oiler off of that. I think I can live with the piece of case missing. Also, any tips for getting the clutch back together?

Today ate shit on numerous levels. I'll only get into the chainsaw. After a terrible day at work, I decided to look at my poulanpro to see why it isn't oiling. I lost the circlip to clutch retainer whatever on the clutch, and like a dumbass I started the saw with the spur and brakeband removed. The clutch flew apart, broke a piece of the case, and hit me in the chest. I'm lucky I didn't get hit in the face.

So, I'm on the right track to finding the oiler, right? It's behind the clutch somewhere if I remove that? The IPL just shows it in it's own special box, and not where it came from.If I can't get the clutch back together, my older poulan has the same part#, so I can use the clutch and oiler off of that. I think I can live with the piece of case missing. Also, any tips for getting the clutch back together?
Remove the clutch and there should be a plate around the crank and the oiler should be behind that. Putting the clutch back together might be tricky but not rocket science. Three weights and three springs I think.

I have plenty of real saws. What makes the poulan valuable is it's low cost and low general esteem. It cuts fine, and will keep up with any Husky in it's class, since end of the day, it's really just a Husqvarna. I can throw it in the bed of the truck, half ass cover it with something, and it probably won't walk away even if someone sees it, cause it's 'just a poulan'. If I can get it going, it'll be parked til Old Smoky dies, and it'll take his place in the truck. I bought the saw NOS for less than a moderate cost dinner for two. Try to do everything I listed with a 500I ;^)

@flushcut You cans easily pick out the adults in the bus because their heads go over the backs of the seats haha

God speed, my friend! May the wind be at your back! Don't take any guff from the kidlets. They're pretty clever at that age.

Back