How'd it go today?

I was at the liquor store this morning buying gifts, and I found this...
IMG_20231210_105750356.jpg

I bet Kyle and Rajan know what it is. I've been wanting to try it ever since I heard about it, but never thought I'd find it down here. It had a 'staff recommended' card on the shelf. That's some top level trolling there :^D

edit:
Oh, and I bought a bottle of Macallan 12 for my daughter and her boyfriend. $97... When I got into scotch in the 90s, I could have gotten that bottle for $35 :^/

Last edited:
Never seen it before, but I'm boring tho and don't try different stuff often (or even drink much anymore :cry::cry::cry::cry:).

They make that here on the west coast.
Called " Bjesk".
Made from the kind of Wormwood that grows on the beach, " Strandmalurt" ( just to irritate Kaveman: Artemisia maritima)

You can actually make a very tasty snaps with that, the trick is only to leave the Malurt in the alcohol for 24 hours. That extracts all the taste, but hardly any of the Thujone, so it doesn't get so damned bitter.

I couldn't wait, so I poured a tiny bit of Jeppsons. I have to say, I'm a little disappointed. I kind of like it. It's not something I'd want to drink a lot of at one time, but maybe an ounce every so often would be good. It's a bitter bomb for sure, but it's reputation overstates the awfulness imo. You want awful, try some Mr Boston ginger brandy. Holy hell, that's some terrible stuff. Miserable straight, and it ruins everything you mix it with. I don't know why I'm even saving the bottle. I can't imagine using it for anything. It's just taking up space.

Use it as a disinfectant. I bet it works good on skin lesions.

I recall clearing up an ugly scrape I picked up in the middle of a 2-week backpacking trip that turned angry red all around. Bourbon took care of it in two days.

You have to apply it topically...I spent the first few days trying it internally, and that didn't help the infection at all.
:D

Guess I'll have to send you a bottle of Gammel Dansk Bitter Dram, sometime.
I served that for an American friend, said " Bottoms up" and literally saw his hair stand on end.
Once he got his breath back, he said:" whew, now I know why the Vikings were so tough!"

That's something we have to plan for. Salesman have a spot to list not only the equipment they want for a job, but also which crew. :/:

I was wondering where he was, and didn't connect his location with the tornado. Hopefully he's just busy working (other people's)cleanup.

John,
I saw a Morbark 290 (12” chipper) on Marketplace down your way for $5000; very similar to the one I owned.
He had it running in a video clip - sounded okay… almost bought it, but came to my senses- I have two friends I can borrow similar machines from, and for that matter also a Bandit 250, and a Conehead.
OCGD is dangerous 🤣

Having a smaller chipper is not a detriment as long as you ‘pre-cut to match its capacity’. Sure beats hand loading a trailer 👍🙂

A year or two ago there was a shiny Morbark whole tree eater on the way into work, which I later found out was one of our clients. I'd drive by and think "Oooh... O.O". Probably at least $100k for the machine, and another $100k for a truck to pull it with :^D

I watched a vid on the Unicender, never seeing one in action, scratched my head and said WTF. You gotta wrap the rope around it?

I watched a vid on the Unicender, never seeing one in action, scratched my head and said WTF. You gotta wrap the rope around it?
Nah, you can just pinch the upper and lower bars together. That's the "Fast Mode" lol. You drop quite quickly. Wrapping the rope gives you more friction, and thus more control. There's at least a dozen "tricks" I've seen with the Uni, adding bits and bobs. Seems most guys like the idea, but not so much the execution. I like it how it is, for what it is.

Off work today. Found out I put my underwear on backward last night when I couldn't find the fly this morning. Always something... Got a surprise delivery of grease, and my scheduled delivery of a greasegun came today, so that's all straight. Everything's slowly coming together.

Remember the iPod nano? I was trying to replace the battery in one. Now I have to repair a torn ribbon connector for the buttons, because I didn't do enough research on how to take one apart, and wasn't paying close enough attention to how things on the bottom end were doing as I pulled everything out of the top.

Embracing the suck today.
Went out to the 1/2 ton to get it loaded for the dump. The tire I just had "fixed" is flat. Perfect. Slow leak, so I figure I would just go to the shop and get my portable compressor and just take it to town and have the same dude fix his fix. Or see if he missed something.
Take diesel down the driveway, left turn and BAM!. U joint after a retaining bolt sheared off. Sum biatch. All fixed sorta. Waiting on one more new strap kit for the yoke. Side of the road job. Paisley kept me company. 20231212_133737.jpg 20231212_133742.jpg

Bulldog makes the best coupling on the market imo, a pintle works good too but they can slam a bit. The bulldog ones will bite your fingers so be careful, and if they get hung up just kick it closed. I've got one on the chipper, and have had them on random work trailers over the years, i love them, simple, heavy, and they just work.

This is what I replaced my pintle ring with on the chipper to minimize the hitch slam. You just lower it onto the ball and it auto locks. Only need to pull to lever to remove. 20231206_082907.jpg 20231206_082857.jpg

Back