How'd it go today?

Found a cheap ass smart watch at the grocery store. Someone left it in the cart outside. Looks brand new. You need to install some crappy Chinese app on your phone for full functionality, and that isn't happening. Can't think of anything I'd use it for, but maybe something will come to me.

IMG_20231029_152824635.jpg

Changed out my radius arm bushings on the diesel. Another win for the continuous rope puller. Lift truck and pulled the suspension forward one side at a time. Put bushing on, release and pry and align. Add last bit of bushings and nut. Better than pulling the whole front end apart.
Brakes next week. Had to order the pads I wanted. Ones from O reillys are crap
Fuel bowl rebuild tomorrow probably. Dunno. See how I feel about it.

now my firewood guy thinks im chipping brush for him Wednesday, even tho I told him repeatedly that if the survey is done when they said it would be. I wont have a day off till next Monday

man, this guy is really getting on my nerves, love working with him but man he only hears what he wants to hear and laughs off anything else (such as when I say "im not pushing back an $8000 job to do your $300 side job"

I tell everyone that calls me to come recover them to sit down and chill, I hate dropping whatever I'm doing to drive some horrible trail half way because something. Guaranteed I'll never bother with your stuck crap again. I don't know, maybe I'm an ass, but that's how I feel. I've got no problem rescuing a friend from a moment of dumb or what have you, but I hate wasting my time.

I tell everyone that calls me to come recover them to sit down and chill, I hate dropping whatever I'm doing to drive some horrible trail half way because something. Guaranteed I'll never bother with your stuck crap again. I don't know, maybe I'm an ass, but that's how I feel. I've got no problem rescuing a friend from a moment of dumb or what have you, but I hate wasting my time.
same here with anything, don't ask me for help then change your plan and not need me, even if its only a few minutes it is the most rage inducing feeling

so im sitting here with my morning coffee, and just thinking about things
man, crane work is boring! crane operator waits on the climber and groundies to tie/untie pieces, ground guy is waiting on a new piece to come down, climber is waiting on the hook, my ground guys still aint figured out how to send my coffee up (I gotta have derek teach them, his coffee is VERY important)

life is weird, we go to school to learn to go to work, to afford to go to work again, to afford college so we can get better paying jobs so we can afford to work once again, then we die
morale of the story: find a job you love, a job is a job and its only to make you money, at the end of the day it doesnt matter what job you get so long as you like it and it pays the bills

At lunch, and deciding if I feel like going back to the noisewall. I was marking cans for posts, and they dropped a rebar cage on one of them. I got it marked with the rebar in the way, and when I was getting ready to get off, the cage shifted, went through my boot, and sliced my toe. Had to lift it a little to get it off my foot. Could be worse, but it took the wind out of my sails.

IMG_20231030_111921701_HDR.jpg
IMG_20231030_111423590.jpg

Contract Climbing is spotty.. few days a week. Heading to Oahu tomorrow to finish out the week.
Im at the level of nagging everyone I know if they have work or not.. haha always calling…
haven‘t quite made it to the level where they call me and fill my schedule for weeks on end…. Haha.
I guess this is what they call freedom.

Been running more again, feeling way better.
Ran a 10k on Saturday 10th place overall 1st in age group (40-49)… though three guys in their 50’s finished ahead of me.
The boy ran a 5k did well got 2nd.. said he wants more..more more.

I was walking my property and noticed the berries on an ERC were especially bright blue. I picked a couple to eat(I always do when I see them), and they were the sweetest I've ever had. Noticeably very sweet. Someone with more imagination than me could make something pretty good with them.They're generally a bit bitter, with a little astringency.

Classic Florida house style. Looks fine, Brett.
I tried to buy that house as an investment back in 2009. It was up for auction as a foreclosure. I bid up to $175k but it ended up selling for around $260k.
The guy who lives there now bought it last year for $730,000!!! And, he says he's put a bunch of money into it already. Home prices around here were crazy high a year ago. Still high now but not quite as bad.

For you folks who trim palms, how much are you charging for a job like that? There were six of them in the front yard. I had access with the NiftyLift and the chipper was not too far away in the driveway on the left. I'm just curious what others are charging. I try to price them high because I hate doing them.

Contract Climbing is spotty.. few days a week. Heading to Oahu tomorrow to finish out the week.
Im at the level of nagging everyone I know if they have work or not.. haha always calling…
haven‘t quite made it to the level where they call me and fill my schedule for weeks on end…. Haha.
I guess this is what they call freedom.

Been running more again, feeling way better.
Ran a 10k on Saturday 10th place overall 1st in age group (40-49)… though three guys in their 50’s finished ahead of me.
The boy ran a 5k did well got 2nd.. said he wants more..more more.
Do you only climb? Maui is freakin trashed with tree mess, especially up on the hill.

For you folks who trim palms, how much are you charging for a job like that? There were six of them in the front yard. I had access with the NiftyLift and the chipper was not too far away in the driveway on the left. I'm just curious what others are charging. I try to price them high because I hate doing them.
Any job worth hating doing is worth bidding too high...after all, you might end up having your bid accepted..."woe is me".
:D

Back