How'd it go today?

Roger that. I imagine you might use Sancho to land a piece, sometimes, too.

I have hardly used mine. I know it will have its place, at times.

Just curious.

Thanks.

Grinding is soooo boring.

I have a patio umbrella to strap to the machine when I have to move to the sun.

Time to flip some teeth, after i drink more water and coffee, and change Coolvest packs).

Once I finish this grind and cleanup, to wrap-up a 6 silver maple, full haul-off job in a hot location during the hottest part of the summer so far ( at least it's Prevailing Wage with no employees), I have 9 Puget Sound waterfront drop and leave firs to view prune, and a small cherry to trim for decent money.

Yes catching chunk.
High horse power stumper makes it a little less boring.
I have the cheap beach umbrella but Tree09 suggested a welding umbrella and those look worthy of tree work. More money for sure but we’ll built.

I got creative when trying to figure out a way to keep the dogs away from the cat food. Stuck a shelf on the wall that they can walk onto it from their tree. A few steel screws in the shelf and some rare earth magnets in the bowls keep the bowls in place, just in case the cats feel like knocking them off the shelf. Working really well.

2488A125-AEAB-4C8F-B74D-53688DF345CE.jpeg 77EE5E55-A132-4A55-A0DB-1FD161963722.jpeg

Came down with a crazy case of allergic dermatitis. No idea what I reacted to but there’s a lot of new plants, foods (especially fruits), and smog here. Trip to hospital clinic, saw doctor, pharmacist for meds and steroid creams, all came to $89.40

I’d guess without insurance it would have been ten times that back home. Minor expense, but I did submit it as a claim with Travel Insurance company so might get it back.

It’s the Thai king’s birthday today so we’ll have a slow day hanging near daughter’s home and avoid the craziness in the city.

Did a storm job this morning. Kind of a PITA but not terrible.
0CF8B39D-9171-43A4-996A-1500E4E0954A.jpeg
Then off to three oaks to remove for the owner of a local brewery. Got them down to spars that we will drop tomorrow afternoon. While getting into the last tree I managed to damage that dumb ass external anti two block cable on the crane. Made a phone call and am meeting the tech at my first job so he can fix it. Really made that last tree a hassle. I can read charts and we really dialed back the size of picks since I didn’t have a computer to confirm weights. Biggest issue is the preload. A little tough to guess.
Think I’ll head off to bed soon. Hopefully I don’t have a nightmare about working with @stikine. I don’t know how he perseveres.
Edit: Forgot to mention that the brewery owner gave us a case of beer. I now have a six pack of some type of craft beer in my fridge. It’s first come first served guys and gals.

A little dizzy at the start today. Like having the coordination of being drunk without the mental deficit. It's been a couple years since I've had that. Some kind of inner ear thing that happens when it's hot. Might be an allergy of some kind. Not as bad as it's been at times in the past, and should disappear in a couple weeks if it stays at all. Otherwise, it was a humid boring day, but not exceptionally hot.

Knocked out a 40 ft. Blue Spruce and a 50 ft. dead Green Ash for neighbors today. On the ground, all chipped and cleaned by 2. Had to deal with lawyer stupidity this afternoon, so I'm well conditioned for an evening of paperwork and packing. Living the pipe dream!...

First flight on an Airbus A380. Mammoth plane. Asiana Airlines - nice amount of leg room and recline and they nailed the gluten-free Celiac meal. I asked Richard Mumford (Climbing Innovations) who flew internationally for Delta if he’d ever piloted one. Said the Boeing 777 was the plane he flew.

Crane got fixed kinda. No annoying alarm, had my LMI, but had to disable the anti two block. Just a little tree today so not a big deal. I had good visibility for all of it. Tech called me at four this afternoon and wants to come fix it proper tomorrow morning. That means I have to go in and get it set up for him before I go out to remove a big fat Norway spruce.
Stopped at the arb store after work to catch up a bit. The owner is coming to our shop toward the end of august to assist with aerial rescue training. Always a good time. Of course I couldn’t leave empty handed. Got a new recoil chainsaw lanyard.
Then home and my cousin was visiting so we talked for a bit. Then I split a load of ash to restock my little patio fire pit. Mentally prepping for tomorrow and then I’m off to bed. 3 more weeks and I get a short break again.

I forgot. I saw this tree yesterday. Not exactly sure what happened to it. I guess just wind, but I didn't see other trees near it in the same condition. Impressive splintering.

IMG_20220729_120314149_HDR.jpg

Back