How'd it go today?

Flew down to Missoula yesterday and got delayed 2 plus hours in Seattle... got to Missoula at 2 am. Scheduled to do some filming Wed and Thurs.

I'll give that some consideration. I've got it on there pretty tight, and I'm leery of beating it off with a hammer. The steel's pretty hard, and I'm a little worried about cracking it. I had to do it a few times getting it shaved down, and it made me wince. My hand's pretty angry now also.

That maul I got earlier had a rotten eye section. It looked like it was hardly used, and most of the handle was perfect. I'm guessing it was sitting in a garage for a long time, and moisture came up from the bottom. Anyway, I shaved that down and reset it tonight also. Need to give my hand a break, and I'll contemplate options for the sappie.

Saw this in a job today. Custy said it was a weeping Norway Spruce. I do not know if that is a different species or just a specific way of training of the usually excurrent structure. Pretty darn cool nonetheless.

Attachments

• E8E75619-6005-45ED-9C81-4C6BFD861AEF.jpeg
    E8E75619-6005-45ED-9C81-4C6BFD861AEF.jpeg
    5.8 MB · Views: 10
  • B8FEFBA3-7D5B-46C2-B637-69762658FCD4.jpeg
    B8FEFBA3-7D5B-46C2-B637-69762658FCD4.jpeg
    6.3 MB · Views: 10
  • 214863A4-1796-40BB-BFE1-037BBEEFD5DF.jpeg
    214863A4-1796-40BB-BFE1-037BBEEFD5DF.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I'm not sure where I posted about it but a few weeks ago I tried to call an old friend from the forum, Justin Scott. He fell off the radar about 8-9 years ago. Well he just called me back today and we talked for over a half hour and it was great catching up. Justin has remarried and living a happy life in Canon City, still doing tree work. He says after he remarried, he quit hanging out on the internet because he's so busy with other stuff. He asked me to say hi to everybody for him. And maybe one day I'll get the opportunity to pass through Canon City and go fishing with him again.

IMG_0388 [800x600].JPG

Handshake deal with a neighbor friend to remove (2) tree of Heaven’s 60’x18” and a few smaller ones. There must be 40 root sprouted TOH’s in his backyard! Never been around one before. It’s like bamboo of the tree world. He’s spotted quite a few Chinese lantern flies on those trees. They are in our area now unfortunately. They really like the TOH.

Taking apart and cleaning the pool pump. I’ll put it back together tomorrow with a little vacuum grease on this big O-ring. Also I’ll wear some thin nitrile gloves. I hadn’t realized how much of this was fiberglass, so I got a bunch of those teeny fibers stuck in the skin in between my fingers. I really hate that feeling. I’ll try removing them with some duct tape. If that doesn’t work, we’ll use the wax kit stuff normally used for removing body hair.

Back