How'd it go today?

How did you right the bobcat? Crane? Was it tricky?

Spoke to an owner operator about my career change. He wouldn’t be able to compensate me enough though comparatively to current wages/benefits. He said I may be able to get close with some of the larger companies though. We’ll see. We talked for close to an hour. He offered to teach me some climbing and rigging techniques. We’ll try to work together here and there when I can get a day here of there. That’s exciting.

I’m still trying to figure a way around the 3 yrs of documented work experience and exam my state requires to perform tree services (legitimately).

Looked at a job in the neighborhood which may be begging for a coos bay. This was a brief drive by. The part where I walk around it and stare up at it, look at the ground, look back up for 45min hasn’t happed yet🤔

Attachments

• D545EE5E-27E1-42F7-BE6E-781E4BFFE412.jpeg
    D545EE5E-27E1-42F7-BE6E-781E4BFFE412.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 8
Spoke to an owner operator about my career change. He wouldn’t be able to compensate me enough though comparatively to current wages/benefits. He said I may be able to get close with some of the larger companies though. We’ll see. We talked for close to an hour. He offered to teach me some climbing and rigging techniques. We’ll try to work together here and there when I can get a day here of there. That’s exciting.

I’m still trying to figure a way around the 3 yrs of documented work experience and exam my state requires to perform tree services (legitimately).

Looked at a job in the neighborhood which may be begging for a coos bay. This was a brief drive by. The part where I walk around it and stare up at it, look at the ground, look back up for 45min hasn’t happed yet🤔
Easy peasy...plenty of room. Just slap in those side cuts and let 'er rip :).

Topped off fluids. Lost a bit of antifreeze out of the overflow. He also pulled the injectors to suck any remaining oil off the top of the pistons. He’s getting pretty good at it. The knuckle heads like to flip the minis a lot. Probably would’ve been fine to start after a fluid check but the bobcat dealer said to make sure to clear the cylinders before start up with the minis so figured the full size would be the same

Didn’t go to the monster removal today. Rained most of the day anyhow. Now I’m stressing about it. Six foot diameter pin oak is gonna suck to rig for picking the spar. I know I’m good to pick it but not sure if I can set it down. I’ve got to swing over my side at the least. Would like to lay down in front of the crane though. Guess I’ll be in early to read my charts again. Also have to check on rigging up the block. Need to sleep
Checked several different log weight apps and a four foot section is around 10k. Not looking forward to it at all

Wishing Best Outcomes for you, Rich.

Spent the day fully pruning today, for a change of pace. Nice property. Long-time customer who was busy with her late husband's care. He used to plant trees all the time. Take some out, try some new ones.

When the ground firms up more, and I catch up. I will go back for some removal work and maybe grinding.

Success on getting her to reduce grass and use tree chips for mulch around the trees! We've made her about 6 yards so far.

6' is a beefy pin oak. Not sure I've seen one that big before. Good luck Rich!

Getting rid of grass is always a noble goal Sean.

Sorry you're feeling bad flush. That sucks trying to get something done while under the weather.

Back