How'd it go today?

Rain day today. Leaving in a few minutes to go tour Fallingwater in Mill Run, PA, as Karen has never seen it; will also see Kentuck Knob if the timing is right for that tour. Both are Frank Lloyd Wright houses. I started getting interested in his houses after helping save a local F. L. Wright house from an uprooting oak tree in a wild, lashing gale of a storm back in the 1970s.

Yesterday I continued to finish jobs for my friend who had a stroke. I hand the bill to the customer with the materials costs listed, and where it says “Labor:” I just write, “Donation to help Jeb”. They have all been quite generous!
There was no window over the kitchen sink, so I put one in for this customer of Jeb’s

0FACFC09-D5A9-4C8C-950A-B87C6BEACF23.jpeg
4288995F-BE65-4576-9005-C4CA6C2A5433.jpeg
9F4C62F7-CF2C-4E97-B279-ADC952A2B8AA.jpeg

Took off today for rain, and did my taxes. Getting $21 back federal. Usually it's about $120, so I'm wondering what I did wrong. I'm sure they'll tell me. Doesn't matter. They always take my refunds for the Obamacare I refuse to get. I'd adjust my withholding so I owe them at the end of the year, but I can't be bothered. I can live with a ~$120 donation every year. Y'all are welcome :^P

Thanks for paying them taxes sir! I hear you John with the way you do it. My wife likes to get money back and I like to break even or owe a little but not enough for a penalty. If Uncle Sam have interest on the overpay, wouldn’t be a big deal.

Rain again today. Went into work, trued my prism pole, and worked on the computers. We need to get the secretary a new computer that'll run the most recent Quickbooks. The newer versions are amd64 only. I could install Win10 64bit on that machine, but that's a hassle, and it'll still be a Core2quad on a spinning rust drive. A $300 Dell refurb will give her a blazing fast computer, and be easier all around.

Left work, and the truck started dying(which it does occasionally), and then fully died. Crank it over, and nothing. I was low on gas, but there /should/ have been enough. Luckily, I pretty much always have a gallon of mix in the truck, so I poured in ~.5G, and it started right up. I turned around and went back to the gas station I avoided. Wanted to do it right away so the truck didn't get too used to cornfree gas and premium Stihl silver oil :^P The fuelpump was replaced a year or so ago, and the gauge has been different. I think spec says you have 3G left when the idiot light comes on. I always figured 30 miles(~2G) would give me a nice fat safety factor, and I never ran out. Apparently, with the new fuelpump, you better be getting your ass to a gas station when the idiot light comes on. My lesson for the day...

When the light came on in my Cummins, I had 140 miles of range, on top of 540 miles of non emergency range. Pretty sweet. And the first tank I put in it was $1.139 a gallon.

Gave my work 3wks notice of me resigning to take up a tree risk management officer position. Bit more money and regular work hrs. Offered to be a contractor for the company im with now for weekend/ Friday work. They asked if i could stay 6mths before leaving whilst they find a new climber which I declined as I wasn't going to give up a once in a lifetime job, as I knew that they wouldn't look for a climber and id be back to square 1 again. Just bought myself a unit so things will get fun in October when its completed.

I've been walking around, grinning like a fool all afternoon.
Was in the hospital just before noon for the results of last weeks blood tests and scanning.

I'm clear!

Treatment is over and the leukemia is put to rest for 5-15 years.
Like the doc said: " By then we'll probably have some even better treatments to try out on you"

Now I'm just waiting for all the side effects to go away, so I can become myself again.

Funny thing is, Murphy told me that I got leukemia as a Karmaic result of saying he can't use a saw for shit.
Now I'm cured and he still can't use a saw for shit.

So much for Karma, I guess :lol:

Great news Stig. I needed some cheering up today. This worked.
I started out with a flat tire this morning on my work truck. I was a bit late (let the boss know) and found two skid loaders in the parking lot with flat tires🤬. Changed them and dropped all three tires off to be repaired. Sitting in a waiting room now waiting to piss in a cup. Not looking to be a productive day

Back