How'd it go today?

Light day of recovery after the crane day. Arthritic hands yelling at me.

Took my 92 year old woodworking mentor to the local Woodcraft store so he could buy supplies. They had hide glue, but were out of #20 biscuits. Dropped him off, came home and put 100 of mine in a container for him and dropped them and a pot of Massaman Curry off to him and his wife.

Then I drove south to visit my friend who just had a stroke last week. I walked into the rehab hospital and the receptionist said, “Hi Pat!”. She worked at s nursing home back in 2002 through 2007 when I covered the hospice patients in that facility. She said she recognized my voice immediately.

The facility is new and a very attentive staff, but he is looking rough. Talked at length about goals and where he’d like to be when it’s discharge time. His house would need a lot of work. Looking at alternatives.

Last edited:
Still haven’t tried the smoke box on my grill and really no idea how to go about it. Got a few chunks of shag bark hickory for when I get around to it. Probably start with chicken thighs or something relatively cheap.

Back