How'd it go today?

John I'm sorry that it's like this, but that's how it is. Hospice is there to do the completely thankless job of helping her death hurt as little as possible, which is something most people and families prefer. When it comes down to it, most people aren't cool with I'm sick so let's die right now thing, nature will run its course soon enough and most want to stick around to see loved ones just a bit longer. The simple pain as you describe is far far far more intense than you give it credit for, and the same with the emotional stress that is also being treated. It's not a pretty process, but they do what they can to help her, and I'm sorry you have to see her like that tho.

The problem I have with it is it's just warehousing. "Here, have some pills. Here's some food. Eat, whatever, frig if I care...". Pointless...

Schweiz has "assisted suicide"

My father in law has decided to go that way soon.

Former top alpinist.
When he was in his very late 80es he was running around playing catch with Thais dog.
When you saw him walking at a distance, you'd think 60 years old maybe.

Now at 92 he can't get around without a walker and is suffering from one little disease after the other.
He wants to go out while he still has some dignity left.

I'm sorry about your Mom, John. There is no easy way. In 1986 I took care of my 56 year old Mom at home, as she died from cancer. It was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. Hospice came in once a day, as well as the doctor. I could not have done it without Hospice. Towards the end, their advice and the Dr's advice was to just keep increasing the morphine machine. I had to really do some intense thinking to even consider such a thing. Cancer is cruel. The way I see it now is complete comfort from pain is what someone deserves.......

Schweiz has "assisted suicide"

My father in law has decided to go that way soon.

Former top alpinist.
When he was in his very late 80es he was running around playing catch with Thais dog.
When you saw him walking at a distance, you'd think 60 years old maybe.

Now at 92 he can't get around without a walker and is suffering from one little disease after the other.
He wants to go out while he still has some dignity left.
To quote FF0 “ that’s some real hairy chested manly shit right there”. I am sorry to read this but I would want that for myself when the time comes. Sounds like he lived a hell of a life!

I had a total hip replacement on Saturday morning early.. woke up at 9 AM after the surgery and couldn;t feel or move my legs from the epidural. I got up for a walk in the room at 1 and by late afternoon had made it to the end of the hallway.. no pain meds at all after the surgery on Day 1. Thought the homeopathic remedies must have been working like a charm. I was upbeat and joking with the nurses all day into the next morning.. Had cleaned up my diet and been on a 14 day fast/ low cal diet before getting into some elk and bison just prior to surgery. Thought I was going to skate through and day 2 hit me pretty hard... lots of screaming and a little moaning. Took 5 mg valium to ease the muscle cramps, and then when I got home had to give the oxycodone a try.. Didn't seem to do much good. Able to get in and out of bed and around the house by myself pretty well today. The no-op leg looks about an inch shorter than the op leg, but the doc says that it's just the muscles cramping that are pulling the pelvis off-center and it should straighten out. He said the x-ray look perfect. It sounds good, but I still want another opinion.

John, I had one ram the side of my truck couple few years back. Bugger spun and slamed more of my truck with his ass end and I had an arguement with the insurance adjuster.
My dad brought one home for the freezer once like that when I was a kid. Had a misjudgement running down the bank on the 101 freeway.

Normally, the ones they send me are just fine and we get along. But send me some doubting Thomas flatlander, we will have an exchange.
When Katy hit that wild pig in the middle of the night with her van, we had an exchange as well. " Well, who's pig was it?". Dialog started from there.

Day sucked. Boss had percs to do before we went to the job I needed to go to, and I'm like "Oh, I'm doing percs too?" There's nothing for me to do, and he could have laidout the septic area himself. Never got to my job cause of bad holes, and I "worked" late doing nothing. Finished a grade sheet on my phone, cleaned the truck a little, adjusted my harness, and made a couple splicing fids. Long boring day.

Saw this oak couple. 99% sure it’s 2 different species. Wish I was at the house to trim the trees and not replaced the pipes😩

Attachments

• 56FEB689-C0E3-4D6B-9EC8-47C69E312E2B.jpeg
    56FEB689-C0E3-4D6B-9EC8-47C69E312E2B.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 18
  • EB6D9D1E-1EF9-4222-A508-263843504279.jpeg
    EB6D9D1E-1EF9-4222-A508-263843504279.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 18
Will you have access to the tree again? Burr oaks are uncommon here, but around. The acorn caps are pretty distinctive, and you might find some under the tree.

Started a confined space removal, Alder, snappy and brittle as!
Top and one big limb over an old fence left. Wind picked up too much so I bailed for the day.
Client has a model steam railway in the garden below the tree. I could hit the apples if I wanted, they need pruning, but DONT hit the railway!

Boss had a meeting this morning, so I'm going in late. Thought I'd look for my noobstraps. Didn't find them, but so far I've found a brand new pair of combat boots, and some gear bags that I forgot I had. It's been a productive morning so far.

Back