How'd it go today?

'Confederacy of the Humbled', sheesh, it says a lot. I'm a prospective member and things look good for my induction :whine: :whine:

MMA commentator Joe Rogan says Russians are a different breed of white people!

MMA commentator Joe Rogan says Russians are a different breed of white people!
This Joe Rogan is partly right. All white people are descended from Russians, it's just that in the process of evolution, the rest of the white people went a dead-end path of development. :) Her are the results of excavations in the South of Russia - ,,A discovery that shook the scientific world. Our ancestors lived on the Russian Plain 45,000 years ago. Kostenki is an archaeological site located in the village of the same name on the right bank of the Don, in the Voronezh region. First discovered in 1879, but the first excavations began in the 1920s. On an area of 10 km², more than 60 sites were found, the age of which ranges from 45 to 15 thousand years. Judging by the artifacts found, our ancestors had a developed culture and art. This sensational discovery casts doubt on the theory that Homo sapiens originated in Africa and from there migrated to the north of Eurasia.,,

Last edited:
Started a 3-4 day job today that I bid the week before I broke my collarbone. I was in significantly better shape 14 weeks ago than I am now! Got the first four down, (pines), two of which were 95’ and 100’ respectively. Swung from the 100’-er to its 80’ neighbor and rigged it down from a block set high in the tall tree. Over five hours of standing in the hooks whooped me. I’ll be taking tomorrow off…

Did some rigging swapping out a pump today, then hauled a load of water, then cut up some more of my burn/firewood pile. I've had a burn pile that i needed to burn before i got sick, and then it got added to so much by the time i was healthy enough to burn it was too big. Anyways been nibbling at it burning it in a different pile, but now that i got that insert i need some firewood. So now I'm out there cutting up firewood from all the logs :lol: The pile is assorted stuff, but at least half of it is locust so that's cool. Dear God this stuff burns hot forever, here's the final loading of the night.
20211222_234229.jpg

Locust was my favorite wood to burn on the very coldest days and nights. Allowed us to run the stove longer on each filling and seemed to burn at temperatures that would improve the efficiency of the catalytic converter. The afterburner would just roar; such a nice sound.

I'm burning locust now. That's mostly what I have on my porch from the tree I took down last year. I like it a good bit. I have 4-5 more years of locust still standing, but I'm leaving them as long as possible, and one of the trees I can't do. Hoping the RoW butchers mark it again, and they can do it for me.

Day's been great so far. Boss needed some logs to barricade the top of a newly constructed pond dam. Horse kids drive the kubota 4wheeler thing around the farm to get to the various fields, and he didn't want them to end up in the pond. Got rid of ~30' of logs there, and he moved another ~30' for me before the tractor threw an error code. I had staged an 18' log before he got there with the tractor, but he didn't want to pick that one. Since I had it 75% ready, I skidded that down the driveway.

Got a lot of wood moved. Another solid day of work, I'll have all the big stuff on the ground done. Then fall the snags and move them, and I can start doing the really fun stuff.

edit:
Went to aldi, and was checking my change and scored a 2020 bat quarter! A memento from the bestest year ever! I've been looking for one of these for awhile!

Last edited:
I've only got doug- fir, alder, and maple in good supply , whereas usually I've got madrona, a bit of holly, some cherry and plum, additionally.

Nothing wrong with having good dry live oak you get paid to bring home. While others shell out 250.00 cord processed.
Hardly any black oak this year.
We dont get much else for hard wood here.

Back