How'd it go today?

Not very productive week!!

On Monday, 21, Had Stress Test for ticker. That evening I went to ER with some chest pain and trouble breathing. Got a nice ambulance ride to Peoria to Methodist Hospital 3.30 am arrival, little traffic. Had treatment planned for partial opening of blockages of 100, 99 and 90%. They later found another around 90%. Said 100% had been so long ago that the body created a bypass on its own, likely 25 to 30 years ago. On Wed tried to enter through wrist and ran into a maze of arteries, I guess quite common in older people (usually much older than me I am sure). The good thing was they got cleared view of pictures of blockages. Said the bad news was that they could not get there that way, it was treatable. The doctor is part of a group that specializes in odd-ball circumstances, not patients. After discussing bypass surgery and other options they came back to opening with stents.

On Thursday 24, They went in through groin for easier access with larger diameter artillery. During prep I realized that they had just received a new toy (a new type impeller to insert into ventricle to help heart move blood during operation). Luckily a company rep was there to supervise opening the package received the night before and helping assembling of the apparatus. As the procedure progressed there was various back and forth between individuals, including myself. At one point a statement by the doctor brought to mind Bill Cosby's old bit about a doctor saying "OOPS". This lightened the mood although I did not need it to bad after a couple of phentanol (sp) doses, which they assured me had not been ordered online from China.

Everything went just fine and 2 of the 3 blockages were cleared, one with a stent and one with just ballooning. All the goodies were removed from the leg and the most painful part of the process commenced. There was considerable pressure brought to bear on the groin region to stop leakage and get the entry hole plugged. From the area which is dark blue today, I am glad I had the drugs in me.

Friday I was released and told not to drive until Monday and not to lift too much. I am glad I had just put helper springs on my trailer tail gate. It is just a 2-finger operation to lift it now. Plan to go check walnut twig borer traps on Wed if weather cooperates. It has been lousy for the past week. Tornados, straight winds 5.5 inches of rain and other bad things.

Hope this brightens your day. Bob

Holy shat Bob, heal up!
How far a hike are those traps? Don’t overdo it, especially alone.
It’s called “ fentanyl”, extremely powerful narcotic. No driving for sure.

Wow, hits close to home having a similar procedure done in March. Lucky for me they could go in through my wrist. Been doing really good since.

Take care & heal well Bob!

Otis & I both slept pretty much the whole day & night yesterday...he inspired me :lol:

Started work today and in came the rain...as I was already in a cabbed tractor I kept going & got the balls picked up on the range. Still too wet to mow anything, so top-dressed all the tees, talked a bit with the boss, and called it a day.

Got to do some stakeout today! Boss' back hurt, and gun stuff was easy, so he ran the gun with a little help, and I drove stakes. Hot as hell, but it was great to move around instead of being trapped behind the gun. Just standing there kills my back. Showed the boss how to knockout some stakeout. We'll see if he learned anything the next time he does it :^D

I have to take down 3 dead / dying ashs, forestry model, in the 80' range, with a big ass limb above the next yard, tricky but usual work. The problem was the inhabitant : a small scale horse, like smaller than a poney. The HO wasn't around to move her elsewhere.
The grass is cut really short in all the area by this hungry gluttonous. So, when she saw the leafs of the ashs's sprouts and last living limbs droped on the ground, it was a feast for her.
The fall of firewood logs in proximity didn't bothered her at all. She just keep eating under me, barely moving an ear at the impacts Then she left to eat some grass and came back after a moment. This, all day long. Of course she doesn't call when she moves, and doesn't listen to my many warnings and orders to get out of there. Two times, I had to stop my push on a log because I discovered her right in the planed drop zone. Stressfull.
Same game tomorrow.

Last edited:
Good post, Bob, thanks for sharing. Sounds like you are in a better place now. Heal up well! :rockhard:

Well, that's funny. The Wraptor started up this morning and warmed up. But now it won't start. Well, with the heat, maybe it flooded. Pull the plug to check. Plug looked ok. Well, I'll clean it quick just for measure.
Well maybe not so good....
20210628_141333.jpg 20210628_141333.jpg 20210628_141344.jpg

Since spark plugs are "almost" indestructible, that can be a really easy front end diagnostic step to overlook. I have never seen that particular failure, Stephen. Well done to focus in and catch it...I think that could have been an easy one to miss.

Impact damage to the plug/boot, causing fracture of the ceramic, do you think?

B. I would bet money on that being the original plug in that Wraptor back in 09 :lol:
The 65 foot fall some years back could have cracked the ceramic. Use probably finshed it over time. Or... it just gave up the ghost after all these years.

Back