How'd it go today?

Nate's a dick. I can't believe he's still finding work in the biz. Glad nothing bad happened.

Sucks to lose your Thumb... Had that same drawing happen to me my first season cutting... cut above my head and knocked a kerf in to my plastic hard hat... very lucky.

Anyhow, just finished my new work week T-Th 36 hours.... 4 day weekend then back next tuesday.
I'm basically a Landscape/Arborist trouble shooter specializing in white collar aspects like email, are reports, management plans, tree permit procurement, tree inventory, tree inspection and proposals... did i mention email?

It's a change up... but also an opportunity to learn and practice the other side of the coin....

yes. At first I thought it was the furnace ejecting water (but it sounded different), then I realized I'm not running the furnace :?

makes quite the fountain when it kicks in

luckily it's not a finished basement...;)

Only about 84 a the forecast, and I'm in the shade. Might just work all afternoon.

Idk why people are reluctant to actively cool themselves. A garden hose run over your wrists and arms sucks a lot of heat out.

I'm taking lunch in the shade, sitting on cool ground, barefoot, in the breeze.

How often do i wish i could take the garden house up the tree with me to run over my head.

Working in the shade of the moving sun is smart planning.

Attachments

• 16246549198911419671135827026024.jpg
    16246549198911419671135827026024.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 6
  • 1624654959668599473769094342073.jpg
    1624654959668599473769094342073.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 7
Levi was a huge help today. Him and Rob tidied up the slope over the fence while I set up the rigging again. I left throw lines in blocks and rings. Pull rop in, get started. Drifted the last bits into the LZ and got started on gin pole with drift/control line, two rigging points, to vecter in the logs to the little LZs we had and not trash the pretty red bud under them. 4 hours and we had both stems down, logs moved, yard things back in place, raked up, packed up and paid befor noon. Loving it. Levi did great.

That's really straight. Looks like a forest tree. Did you do that on purpose with trimming, or was it just happenstance? The two pin oaks under my care are straightish, but sprawl much more than that.

edit:
This is the one at work pre trim. I was gonna get a pic post trim, and show y'all, but it was boring. I didn't get as much done as I wanted, and it didn't look like much.

20210312_154719.jpg

Last edited:
They're a real hassle. Doesn't look like a big deal to me til I get in it, and there's stuff everywhere, and it sticks to everything and gets in the way.

I like em. Good strong trees. Sure, you wouldn't want to be stuck fine pruning one.

I remember my old boss pruned a big one, made it nice nice. He was a bit prone to hyperbole, he came down and said, 'I took the pins out of it"

Back