How'd it go today?

I went to the market in Morocco and paid a Dude $1 to poop in a hole with a door... incredible. There were 2 raised foot pads to squat on. Nevermind the spigot to wash your fingers. Try to stay left handed.
That’s how they do it in Iraq and Kuwait. Probably most of their neighboring countries too. The water replaces toilet paper. Everyone is right handed except for butt wiping. The kids that have dominant left hand learn to eat and do most everything right handed anyways.
Seems weird but assuming they’re taking care of other personal hygiene, they seemed pretty clean.

not using water to clean the asshole is pretty unsanitary and gross if you think about it. smearing it around with TP is not clean. ever try washing your hands with no water? washing your dishes with no water? doesnt work.

It's debatable. I can wipe JB Weld off my fingers with a dry paper towel and that sticky stuff doesn't come off easily. Then consider how a toilet still needs cleaning sometimes even when water regularly flows in it. The scrubbing action is most important.

I had a long hard work day Tuesday. It happens. I felt fine at home that day, but yesterday and today I have lower back pain. Hopefully it is just temporary.

That’s how they do it in Iraq and Kuwait. Probably most of their neighboring countries too. The water replaces toilet paper. Everyone is right handed except for butt wiping. The kids that have dominant left hand learn to eat and do most everything right handed anyways.
Seems weird but assuming they’re taking care of other personal hygiene, they seemed pretty clean.

That is where the origin of the term ‘kack handed’ came from when referring to left handers.

It is considered rude to even wave to someone with your left hand in Thailand. Right hand for eating and greeting, left hand for wiping your harris!

Last edited:
4 miles today. 6 hours. 137 photographs later. Last mile was all up hill. 911 was unnecessary. I am settled in at home, fed and watered. You called it, Burnam.

I found a plant on the trail. I have a hunch what it is. A fern of sorts. Still emerging. A real oddity. Too early to tell what it is. A month or two more, considering the split, to tell for sure which species it is. I took pics, but will hold off on posting any until I know more. Exciting times.

Retirement is great! But painful.

edited for usual misspells

At the farm for a few days. Alex brought his wife and the boys and we had a few days of knocking around and getting a few things done and playing too. Alex and I got to work on leveling the cabin some... That went better than expected so we had some time left over to go break some beaver dams. I went back and checked them the next day and two were still open but the main upper dam where the big pond is that is flooding the timber and the fields had been rebuilt. So I broke it again.

Back