How'd it go today?

Our condolences Dave, sorry for your loss my friend.

Don't trust it to climb?

Clearly not, or there's enough there and enough targets where a lift makes sense. You can do things in a lift that you can't easily do climbing, i view them as an easy button on trees that would require lots of rigging as a climber, but can cut and chuck a bunch from a lift, greatly speeding up a job because you don't have to rig nearly as much.
Yeah, pretty much one of those, hell no, trees. Keeps falling apart. Neighbor wants her "green" side left on though. :lol:
Hill is a tad steep below it. Lads hand drug it past the lift to cart off with the dingo. Then started a prune and cable.
She is keeping me and the lift one more day to lift the crowns on the driveway after I finish the cable job over her roof. IMG_0426.JPG IMG_0427.JPG IMG_0428.JPG IMG_0429.JPG IMG_0430.JPG

Bad bearing on the idler pulley first the mini and a torn track on the other side. Picking up bearings tomorrow and trying to find where I bought the tracks from. Not a big deal but still pisses me off. At the rate I’m going I’ll have a new machine soon. Outta be worth a pretty penny.

Sorry to hear about your cousin Dave.

We had Emergency paramedics at our job this afternoon. Pruning and cable in a large beech tree. Me and a friend up the tree, my buddy shouted something had stung him. 10 minutes later he was tingling all over and having hot flushes. I told him to go down and get some anti histemine from the truck as I didn’t want to have to rescue him.

10 minutes later he had phoned an ambulance as it was getting too heavy. Allergic reaction to either a wasp/bee/hornet.

Not sure exactly what it was. I finished the tree off and it looked great... apart from the bit where he was tagged. I wasn’t gonna go there ;)

They sure get nasty this time of the year.

I've heard a theory that it is the shipf from a primarily meat based diet, to over ripe fruit.
All the sugar gets them in high attack mode.

I dropped an oak in a nest 2 weeks ago.
Thans for antihistamines.

Sorry to hear about your cousin Dave.

We had Emergency paramedics at our job this afternoon. Pruning and cable in a large beech tree. Me and a friend up the tree, my buddy shouted something had stung him. 10 minutes later he was tingling all over and having hot flushes. I told him to go down and get some anti histemine from the truck as I didn’t want to have to rescue him.

10 minutes later he had phoned an ambulance as it was getting too heavy. Allergic reaction to either a wasp/bee/hornet.

Not sure exactly what it was. I finished the tree off and it looked great... apart from the bit where he was tagged. I wasn’t gonna go there ;)

Classic reaction, exactly like mine.

Get himself to the doctor for tests to tell him what it was, then he needs an epi-pen with him all the time and get used to a having a good look at the tree before he gets up.

Stig, have you ever encountered drunken wasps? In the UK when all the fruit falls from the trees and is left on the floor it starts to ferment.

The wasps love it and start acting like a drunken teenager looking for a fight with something to prove. Little buggers.

Update, Joe, was still in hospital and they have cleared him to leave but reckon he will be the same from now on if not worse and he will have to carry an epipen from here on in.

Could have been worse I guess.

Classic reaction, exactly like mine.

Get himself to the doctor for tests to tell him what it was, then he needs an epi-pen with him all the time and get used to a having a good look at the tree before he gets up.

I replied as you were posting. Epipen, check. Look at the tree before hand, impossible in this case. We couldn't even see through the canopy for a limb for the throw lines. When he got tagged I was about 5 metres away and he said they were quite a few swarming around him... I couldn't even see them from my position.

Yes, not always possible.

Up to my issues, I would take quite a few risks with nests like that.

Since then I’ve come down and walked away at cost to myself (days money and employee’s wages lost)

No choice, and neither has he.

Stig, have you ever encountered drunken wasps? In the UK when all the fruit falls from the trees and is left on the floor it starts to ferment.

The wasps love it and start acting like a drunken teenager looking for a fight with something to prove. Little buggers.

With the large orchard I have, for sure.
Thais wages a never ending battle with them, he hates wasps.

He has recently upgraded.
We have an impossible to get to, nest of giant hornets under the eaves.
If the outdoor light is on at night, they'll flock around it.

Thais is shit scared of them, but somehow can't keep from attacking them.
So he kills a couple every night.
I wonder what'll happen when one finally stings him in the mouth.

Igor is a habitual wasp and bee killer, got it down to a fine art, a quick snap to disable it, then watches it on the ground for a bit till it’s safe enough to apply the coup de grace.

He will watch hornets intently but doesn’t fancy his chances, so leaves them.

I’ve been carrying an epi pen for about a year now. I’ve also got a pretty good eye for nest.

Small stumps are the enemy of mini tracks.
Yeah I think someone caught it on the forks in the dump trailer. Do you remember where you recommended to get tracks? Like a dumbass I didn’t put the paperwork in the “mini” information binder. Prowler tracks comes to mind but having a hard time finding them for my machine

Fencing again. I also changed an outlet in the run in shed. Lots of wasp nests, but they left me alone. Hot as shit again. Getting real tired of summer...

I’ve been carrying an epi pen for about a year now. I’ve also got a pretty good eye for nest.

Yeah I think someone caught it on the forks in the dump trailer. Do you remember where you recommended to get tracks? Like a dumbass I didn’t put the paperwork in the “mini” information binder. Prowler tracks comes to mind but having a hard time finding them for my machine
I use Prowler. But when I was searching for tracks there is another company that has tracks for your machine. And that name is eluding me at the moment. Spartan maybe?
I just found the conversation. Summit Supply is the name you seek.

Last edited:
Back