How'd it go today?

I would have guessed you stepped straight from the shower in that pic.

I used to stink to high heaven after a day of work. Lately, even in the heat, I skip a shower for a day or and no problem.

In the cowboy movies cowmen and sheepmen were enemies....maybe sheep have an undeserved reputation for being the scourge of the earth (according to the old cowboy movies)

Got an old square simplex nail through the bottom of my shoe this morning. It was digging in my heel and I kept thinking it was a stick. Finally took my shoe off and pulled the nail out of the bottom. Blood stain inside, I haven't taken my sock off yet to look. Maybe later.

Bought a chip truck today... now I need a chipper... And a bunch of other stuff to get this business rolling.
Not beautiful but solid for the rust belt area and not a total eyesore, I’m excited. F450 superduty, 460 gas, automatic, electric over hydraulic, 114k miles. I really like the box he built on the stake bed. Needs tires soon, and the rear gas tank don’t work. Other little stuff that comes with a 23 year old truck, but passed NYS inspection today :)

F0064C8C-2901-4C19-8763-67000F4C3BD1.jpeg 7F905F47-1C40-4572-A344-00355CCD34E5.jpeg 53536C31-3DEC-4D09-BA27-59FF07C438B7.jpeg

Yeah buddy. Love that body style. Called the mechanic this AM and chipper won’t be done this week, getting real old. Got a 15” Vermeer for a week starting Friday and will pound out my larger volume/diameter jobs. $1300/wk sounded like a very fine price but all of my work was quoted assuming it wouldn’t have that extra expense. Oh well do what needs doing when it’s one’s own business.

Some one who used to post here had a breakdown of what equipment cost per hour and mileage. Every piece of equipment had an hourly rate. Really helps out on bidding. $1300 a week might sound high but maybe that’s what you should be bidding for your chipper a week.

Fencing on the farm today. Not that fun, but still 1000% better than asbuilting stormwater management. At least when you're done fencing, you accomplished something that matters. A bunch of splicing on the strands I cut with the brushcutter. Boss was bitching about that. I told him it was his own dumbass fault for not keeping it maintained. I did 10 years of clearing on that pasture in a few hours. Hit it a couple times a year with a weed whip, and you won't need a human locomoted bushhog to take care of it. If anyone cares, a paracord 3 wrap prusik holds an insulated electric line nicely.

Clearly not, or there's enough there and enough targets where a lift makes sense. You can do things in a lift that you can't easily do climbing, i view them as an easy button on trees that would require lots of rigging as a climber, but can cut and chuck a bunch from a lift, greatly speeding up a job because you don't have to rig nearly as much.

Back