How'd it go today?

Those little dust shields tend to rot away to dust after 10 years or so if they see much road salt.
I’m always surprised how inexpensive new hubs are. Almost zero sense buying separate bearings and rebuilding old hubs now.

That's what they say, but it isn't something I strictly follow :^D

I've had a rapid deflation on the front wheel of a small truck, but it wasn't a blowout.

Jesus Jim, the story keeps getting worse. Did it burst into flames too?! :^D

My weeks been pretty crap to put it at best. Got a written warning for moving a vehicle in the work depot, then have been having one guy continuously whinging and bitching to the point that ontop of my stress from TAFE it has been making me depressed to the point of not wanting to go to work.

As long as we are talking about close calls while driving trucks...

Last week I took off and went to Alabama with my father. He has a second home in Eufaula which has been for sale for 3 years. He's just too old to get up there any more. He said he had some chores to do but the reality is he needed to get outta Dodge for a few days and take a break from being cooped up due to Corona. I went with him to help out and also to pick up his riding mower which he wanted to give to me.

Coming home Wednesday it rained off and on the entire trip back. Got into Orlando on one of the toll roads and there were dark clouds and a light rain. Came across an overpass and on the far side I drove into about 2" of standing water at 75mph. Skated across 3 lanes of traffic, managed to turn the truck before hitting the guard rail but the trailer whipped around and smacked it, then came back the other way and jackknifed into the side of my truck. I ended up stopped facing into oncoming traffic.

Mower is fine, trailer is slightly tweaked and my truck needs a new skin on the bed. Worst part is the paint is only 2 weeks old since I just got it fixed from the chipper incident in January.

20200527_171331.jpg 20200526_163056.jpg

WOW! And WOW!

Glad you're all in one piece.

My days have been busy and ordinary.

Too much work to keep up on everything. I wonder if Coronavirus will make any better employees available.
Currently on a mini-loader incompatible job.
View-rights type of waterfront neighborhood.

Trying to make overdue reductions look okay. Mostly butchering and overgrown laurel for a repeat customer. Good neighborhood, 4 miles from my GF's, which had become home base.

Take everything down to the water view of all neighbors.

Looking into renting my house, keeping my shop there. 15 minutes between the two with a bit of highway travel, 20 minutes on surface streets.

Attachments

• IMG_20200526_153425058.jpg
    IMG_20200526_153425058.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
My weeks been pretty crap to put it at best. Got a written warning for moving a vehicle in the work depot, then have been having one guy continuously whinging and bitching to the point that ontop of my stress from TAFE it has been making me depressed to the point of not wanting to go to work.

What’s TAFE?

Sheesh; this thread is reading like the nightly news’s traffic report!! Glad you’re okay Jim and Brian.

John, you mentioned slowing down and helping an old fellow who is winding down. (How far from Northern Delaware are you out there in Maryland?) I climb one to two days a week now at 64 years old. Mostly of my choosing; mostly for friends, neighbors, and relatives (in that order 😂). Actually felt great to sell the chipper, F450 chip truck, and down-size to a Ford Ranger with a 5x8 dump trailer. If I need a bucket truck, or an F800, and a Conehead chipper I just call one of my friends still in the race. The one friend ended up in the hospital getting a new liver and kidneys. I helped his wife keep their crew working gratis and now his attitude is ‘My equipment is your equipment’. That was his stumper I had last week.

Cory, - I struggle with days of low/no energy and periods where I am almost manic and getting tons done. I struggle with staying away from the sugar, too. Interestingly it seems my arthritis gets worse on those sugar jags.

Yesterday I got the grass cut and put up and painted a fence section at the rear of the shop to ‘hide’ my extra mowers and scaffolding from the view of the neighbors. Today I am continuing on wiring the shop. I find it hard to stay on top of things these days. My ‘To-Do’ list keeps growing!! See my attached list; haven’t even checked off the ones I have completed...

Attachments

• 91A31C43-FD05-46F4-9758-D2F2C08FBD62.jpeg
    91A31C43-FD05-46F4-9758-D2F2C08FBD62.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 3
  • 38E88710-5D72-49C0-B380-3B5101BAC0E4.jpeg
    38E88710-5D72-49C0-B380-3B5101BAC0E4.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 5
  • B897A1DB-F44B-4C0A-AE2B-37DB848833D1.jpeg
    B897A1DB-F44B-4C0A-AE2B-37DB848833D1.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
I climb one to two days a week now at 64 years old.... If I need a bucket truck, or an F800, and a Conehead chipper I just call one of my friends still in the race....

Cory, - I struggle with days of low/no energy and periods where I am almost manic and getting tons done. I struggle with staying away from the sugar, too.

Great situation you've got going with the tree work as you choose!

Yeah the energy thing is exactly where I'm at. I was low energy for about 5 days, except at work. Then yesterday it came back and I got mad stuff done from 5 am to 8pm, go figure. Re fighting sugar, its quite simple actually- don't buy any Cliff Bars :lol:

I hear ya on the massive To Do list! I tell my wife, you're gonna miss me when I'm gone ;)

Back