How'd it go today?

I tried taking the j te
Yeah man, that's a problem. I've been short one guy for almost 2 weeks. Been working like a dog therefore. Work and production went surprisingly well. The downside is I wasn't motivated to do a damn thing all weekend. Sucks. I figured my energy might come back today on Memorial Day. Yeah nah. It bothers me but maybe its just normal, is what it is. Sometimes energy and productivity is sky high and other times its virtually zero.

Anyone else like this?:/:
I've started to really appreciate and enjoy doing absolutely nothing more and more. I used to stress out and believe I was missing out on life if I was idle. Now I'm starting to see that you can also miss out on life if you never stop to enjoy it. There is an abandoned 18 hole City golf course a block away from my house. It was abandoned during the city bankruptcy. we discovered last week a water line had busted open under the old fairway and had created a crystal clear freezing cold swimming hole. We spent all weekend there. it hit 90 degrees on Monday. Brought out the grill, the hammocks, beer, and spent all day Sunday and Monday at what my four year old named "springtime bathtub every body welcome"

Attachments

• 20200525_134419.jpg
    20200525_134419.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 7
  • 20200525_134724.jpg
    20200525_134724.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • 20200525_142510.jpg
    20200525_142510.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Yeah, I've called the city about it. Its a bad situation really. Turning the whole place into a big swamp. Knowing this city it will take a while before they get around to fixi g it.. We had a blast channeling the flow, building dams, tearing down dams diverting the flow to different places. Crazy how quickly it has become a Hotspot for all kinds of birds. Saw orioles, a few warblers, a nighthawk, swallows, rewdwing blackbirds, ducks.
We just imagining we were at a natural spring in the serengeti. There are some perks of living in a place with decayed infrastructure.

There are some great trees in the golf course, I worry that they will drown. But I also would be so happy if I could have that 10 minute walk from my house for the rest of the summer.

What a great adventure for those kids. Very cool that y'all have taken that type of Calamity and turned it into a family adventure. What a great playground to have so close.

You eating sugar again Cory?

Mighty interesting question there, Mr Ruel. The answer is yes :cry:, bout a month ago, the dam sorta broke. I hadn't thought of the connection between sugar and no energy on the weekend, but yeah, nah, yeah, I gotta cipher on that. Thanks for the inquiry.

I've started to really appreciate and enjoy doing absolutely nothing more and more. I used to stress out and believe I was missing out on life if I was idle. Now I'm starting to see that you can also miss out on life if you never stop to enjoy it.

Good insight, Kevin, thanks for weighing in on this. Great pics n vid! Quite a shindig y'all had!

They are older guys, and are up super early. We're working 10s, so that way we have time to do stuff afterwards. Honestly this 6 am bs will work for me in that regard, so i can hit trees after work or build stuff

I did some more asbuilts of that stupid stream restoration. Pisses me off every time I go out there. Pointless waste of time. If I weren't so lazy, I'd try to ferret out the source of my misery, and expose it. It's either incompetence, or corruption. A bridge goes up with hundreds of thousands of cars going over and under it every single day, and nobody cares, but the stupid creek that literally changes every time it rains has to be thoroughly documented :^S I don't want the money(That came out my pocket in the first place), and I don't want to waste my time on it. Doing nothing is a better use of my time...

Yah, I wouldn't dig that at all. Nights aren't my time of day anyway, and with 16hr on it? No thanks!

Fine picture, Jim. BTW, your beard is looking a lot less "hailed out" than in previous years. See there...oldness has it's benefits :D.

Richard Boy is without a doubt a handsome young man.

Wonder where that came from ? Oh, I remember...New Zealand ;).

Back