How'd it go today?

Che, FWIW, my wife has been getting senior discounts since she turned 34. It has NOT made her happy either.

Today was most excellent. I bugged out last thursday to vissit my parents and meet an uncle whom I last saw when I was 3 years old. On the return trip today I had lunch with Leon (Rumination) who is a delightfully likable and interesting guy.

Spent the entire weekend with family and friends at Gillette Stadium for the NCAA lacrosse championships. Good weather, good food, good company and awesome lacrosse. 8)

I don't want to go to work today, but it's supposed to rain the rest of the week, starting tomorrow.

Che, FWIW, my wife has been getting senior discounts since she turned 34. It has NOT made her happy either.

She doesn't do the haircoloring thing either? No offense to any ladies of the house who may use color in a bottle, but I just never really KNEW that it was such a common place and accepted thing to do. MOST women my age that I have talked with do it. Maybe it's just where I live, I don't know.

You guys sure have it easy...just make sure you've bathed, run a comb through your hair, and brushed your teeth* in the last few days and hopefully wear deodorant and you're set. :roll:

*now that I think of it, that's IS my beauty routine.
:roflmao:

Crappy, crappy day. (I'm watching my language, Butch)

Crinkly old sun hag of a waitress gave me a senior citizen discount today.

It got worse when I googled it and found out their discount starts at SIXTY!!!!!!! :X

I know the feeling, Elena...:cry:

Che, Actually she has started coloring her hair..... FWIW.

Oops.....and I'm sure she looks lovely! :)

Today is going well...orders are ready to pack before it got too hot. I can't believe how humid it is already this year.

I bought an extra mantis tiller last year. The guy at the shop couldn't get it to run, but figured I'd buy it for $100 and put it on the 'honey do' list if nothing else. Well....turned out to be a parts tiller today instead. I yanked the starter cord on the old one (used almost daily) and it broke. I had NO time to go looking for parts, and remembered the other one...same housing and all, robbed Peter, paid Paul. Tilling got done, and I gave myself an atta-girl.

Just finished planting seven Arborvitae. Planted 29 of them two years ago and seven finally died. He has no mulch, and lets the grass grow 1' underneath them. I told him to mulch, fert., and do anti desiccant in winter but none has been done as of yet. So he'll just keep replacing them at over $100 a pop instead of spending the couple hundred to mulch.

you get a good buck for them! around here a 5-6 costs about $35 retail, I charge about $75 to supply, deliver and install. My cost is usually around 25 to 29$

there ya go, around here they are in over abundance at the moment, seems to go on a cycle of about 5 years between feast and famine.

No dissing, it's apples and oranges...but I have to smile to myself when I read about y'all planting trees.

Sounds like a large number to put in the ground is 25 or 50.

My reforestation crews would average 850 to 1000 trees per man/day. 12 man crew, usually. 10,000 to 12,000 trees a day, doing that 6 days a week for (back in the heyday of clearcutting) 2+ months.

600,000 trees per crew/season...and some years we ran as many as 4 crews.

We put in alot of trees. They're still out there, growing.
:D

ha, apples and oranges indeed B! :P
GITForestry-Eucalyptus-forestry.jpg

vs

Attachments

• P5215901.JPG
    P5215901.JPG
    196.5 KB · Views: 9
Haha, Burn...

You guys can carry hundreds in your little back backs, try carrying a 5-6' arb with a root ball in your back back.

:P

But I know whatchya mean. 8)

TOday was odd. Yet another morning where I heard John (No Bivy) working down the road on a day where I wish I had a job to do. ...mini grapples make a very distinctive clank...

The day ended pretty cool though. I got my old S-10 tagged, so I have something other than the big truck to drive around on errands. I also lined up a good sized white oak removal for Thurs, and two dead sycamore crane removals for the beginning of next week. :D

Just some clearance pruning on a silver maple for tomorrow...

Cleaned up a few blow-downs from a storm on Sunday. Another small one scheduled for tomorrow. Afternoon thunderstorms every day here for the last week or so.

Today's job fell through so I called up the Audubon place to offer some time. Went out to put up a blown down Osprey nest but couldn't get the truck to the tree except through the neighbor's yard. Will try again after getting the neighbor's permission for access, hopefully tomorrow after work.

Brake pedal was slightly spongy on the pickup so I bled the front brakes a couple pumps on each side. No slop or sponge at all any more, good to go for my trip.

Back