How'd it go today?

Saw this white ash at a customers home this afternoon. I’ve only seen one other living ash tree and this one blows it away. There’s a black pen near the root flare in one of the pictures for scale (didn’t have anything else at the moment)

He gets it treated for EAB and has been doing so for about 8 years.

I’d love to climb it.

Attachments

• IMG_5434.jpeg
    IMG_5434.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5433.jpeg
    IMG_5433.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5435.jpeg
    IMG_5435.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 9
essentially all mature ash are gone here but I see young saplings coming up here and there and 2 or 3 larger ash still extant that I know of. Maybe a handful have some resistance

Spot brought me a live bunny this morning, but I was impatient and blew the recovery. She picked it up and ran around the house. I'm out in my PJs, barefoot, chasing the cat. She went around the other corner, and I lost her. Amazing how easily a bright white cat can disappear.

Spot brought me a live bunny this morning, but I was impatient and blew the recovery. She picked it up and ran around the house. I'm out in my PJs, barefoot, chasing the cat. She went around the other corner, and I lost her. Amazing how easily a bright white cat can disappear.
What's the prognosis for the bun? Shall I contact CSI?

I'm sure it's dead, and half eaten by now. This time tomorrow, there probably won't be much left aside from bones.

Yea, I've thought of a bell. She's not exactly /my/ cat though. She was a catch and release stray, and I've been feeding her for a couple years now. I also setup a shelter for winter. There used to be a bunch of cats that came for breakfast, but there was a big roundup or something, so the only two I get now are her and Blackie. Something happened to Blackie's right leg, and he's limping. He'd be hard to catch to take to a vet cause he's very skittish; completely feral. I could catch Spot. She likes me, and she comes over if she knows I'm outside. Strangely, mainly in the backyard. She acts weird if I'm in the front yard. Cats are weirdos :^D

Yea, I've thought of a bell. She's not exactly /my/ cat though. She was a catch and release stray, and I've been feeding her for a couple years now. I also setup a shelter for winter. There used to be a bunch of cats that came for breakfast, but there was a big roundup or something, so the only two I get now are her and Blackie. Something happened to Blackie's right leg, and he's limping. He'd be hard to catch to take to a vet cause he's very skittish; completely feral. I could catch Spot. She likes me, and she comes over if she knows I'm outside. Strangely, mainly in the backyard. She acts weird if I'm in the front yard. Cats are weirdos :^D
Crap, I deleted my post because I thought it was silly and a waste of space. For those who didn't see it, I basically just said how some people put bells on their cats to make it impossible for them to hunt and I thought that might lead to feline boredom or depression. Cats really aren't my thing haha I'd rather haver a dog that thinks its a cat. Or a dog that's smaller than a cat. I've had both of those over the last many years.

Last edited:
Port Orford cedar, not exactly rot prone.
I did ask if they were running Rhinos.

Wouldn't matter much...young small diameter trees like that would not last long enough to be worth the effort to build that paddock with them. Here in NW Oregon, that is. Hand split posts from large old growth trees would last longer, but not much past 20 years.

Dryer climates, your mileage may vary :D.

Last edited:
trimmed up a 30ft tall holley bush POS yesterday, 2 hour job became a 10 hour bucket job, 9 trees making a row, neighbors pin oak in the way of reaching with the bucket so we had to set up 6 or 7 times, steep side hill with lots of divots, had the bucket truck on 3 wheels atleast once when the low side dropped into a divot on tried to send the truck clean over on the guys lawn
underbid, in much pain due to the leaves being so sharp, they were scratching me right through my clogger zeros!
stopped chipping to answer the phone and felt a tickle on my arm, maybe the biggest daddy longlegs ive ever seen! dude had to be 8" across

No career change in that.
I used to grow pot back in the 70es.

Pretty much legal back then.
Then we got a right wing prime minister, who wanted to show his Jutland, born again, voters that he could tame the hippies.
Since then the pot market has been run by muslim gangs and Hells angels..........................................................Smart friggin' move, idiot!!!!

Last edited:
Back