How'd it go today?

Hawthorn has a powerful bite...

il-1588x-N-3142251741-ce8m.jpg

Doesn't bother me, but I wouldn't want to work in it. I like plants with a sharp edge. My favorite flower is bull thistle. I might try to transplant some trifoliate orange to my property.
Why stop there bring in some buckthorn and multi-flora rose. The later is like concertina wire if you are not familiar with it. Tin cloth and a flame thrower are the only safe handling methods shy of a forestry mower.

I once designed a combination of plants for a money moving company.
They'd had a break in where someone hid in the bushes around the buildning and hi-jacked one of the armoured trucks.
They needed some trees gone, which is why I was there.
I suggested planting a combination of Berberis vulgaris and Rosae pimpinellifolia.
One makes you run away, the other catches you and holds on.
If anybody can hide in that, they deserve whatever money they can steal.
I said it as a joke, but the company loved the idea and gave the job to me.
5 years later they suffered from the biggest heist in Danish history.
A gang blocked the surrounding roads with garbage trucks and caltrops and set 5 fires in inner city to draw police away, then ran a huge wheel loader straight into the building and got away with some 30 million kroner.
The roses and Berberis didn't help much against that.

Rosa multiflora is a big part of my life. I've dropped a lot of blood in the service of shortening it :^D That's the primary sticker around here. Greenbriar is much worse to cut, but luckily it doesn't grow thick.

Voltaren might be worth a look. Specifically for arthritis.

Used to be unavailable in the US.

A friend had some. Arthritis in their family. Seemed to help general inflammation, too.

What about tumeric and/ or cayenne for arthritis?

Voltaren might be worth a look. Specifically for arthritis.

Used to be unavailable in the US.

A friend had some. Arthritis in their family. Seemed to help general inflammation, too.

What about tumeric and/ or cayenne for arthritis?

What about tumeric and/or cayenne?

It's alleged to be good for arthritis. I'm pretty skeptical of natural remedies, but turmeric and cayenne taste good, so it can't hurt to add more to your diet. Maybe it helps? Might just taste good. It's a 'no lose' proposition.

We have a fair amount of cayenne in our diet. Tumeric only shows up occasionally...in just a few recipes.

Stig, no heated handles in my fleet. The temps yesterday and the day before were in the upper 50's and low 60's, F. I don't think that heated handles would help in those conditions.

Haven't done much today. Got groceries. Went out to see if my one pawpaw was truly dead, and I think it is. I guess I'll have to get another one. My oak carcass has a little cedar growing on it...

IMG_20220326_135654.jpg "

What's the prognosis? Think it'll last awhile(~10 years)? I'm inclined to see what happens, but if y'all are certain it'll only last a couple years, I might move it.

I've considered heated handles for occasional use. My GFs hands are almost always cold. Raynaud's maybe. She wouldn't be able to work in actual cold weather without heated handles.

Ya know, B, some people go their whole lives short a quarter/ third of their handle bars. They always get by.

Petting/playing with Otis yesterday morning and noticed an area of growth on his gums.
Almost covers a couple teeth.
Saw the vet in the afternoon & have him set up for surgery in 2 weeks.
They'll at least get samples for the lab and may or may not remove it all at this visit.

Good luck, Otis!

Traded rectangular cedar for flat paper.

Makes me want to take more cedar cylinders to the guy that converts cylinders to rectangular shapes.

Some good rectangular cedar pieces, and some that will be made into small cedar pieces.
;)

Attachments

• 16483361726547472932113062945617.jpg
    16483361726547472932113062945617.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 5
Lotta folks here with back issues might benefit from simple exercises and stretches by Knees over Toes Guy, found on IG and YT.

Back