How'd it go today?

Pretty warm today. I would have done laundry, but it was supposed to rain today. There weren't too many times the sun was in... Working up grades for work now. I need to get a bunch done for Monday morning. Trying to read my boss' chickenscratch in the fieldbook. Was that a "2" or a "7"? WTH knows?!

edit:
Oh, and I think I learned something new today. I think I can toggle manual and electronic entry on my calculator, but I have to test it on the gun next time I use it. I've been using this software for about 30 years, and didn't realize it worked as a toggle. I usually just typed the command in to switch to manual mode, but then ran through the menus to select the correct gun to work electronically. If it does indeed select the last instrument used, that'll save me a bunch of time, and it'll be easier remotely coaching the boss through the process.

Last edited:
I called it "7". I'll confirm it with the boss Monday morning unless I send the sheets this weekend. If that's the case, the client will tell me. It's in the tenths place, so it'll put an obvious bump/dip in the stone if it's wrong.

Rewired the trailer hook up on a bucket truck today. Some body likes to stab wires with the test light and in Ohio that’s a bad idea. Had to replace everything from the junction box for the plug. Then watched the youngest ice skate. Stopped at the arb store and picked up my new climbing lines. Now I’m at a fundraiser. This ought to be fun. I’m the DD for a herd of adults that haven’t been out in a while

Finished trimming neighbors tree. Removed 2 large dead limbs between 2 trees for a friend down the road. Took the youngest 2 on a hike. A friend and his daughter joined us. Now, off to get some Mexican food!!

Attachments

• 03A201F4-B493-421F-BE00-53966F9A447D.jpeg
    03A201F4-B493-421F-BE00-53966F9A447D.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 7
  • E3D949B4-9BE9-4E6B-A1BE-08C5720E9518.jpeg
    E3D949B4-9BE9-4E6B-A1BE-08C5720E9518.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
Computing grades was a hassle. I miss the dual monitors I have at work. Can't keep track of things as well as I used to. Getting old I guess. Get lost in the numbers sometimes.

Local gliding club had an open day and official opening of their new hangar. Fly in by about 30 light planes including 3 warbirds who did a bit of a formation flyover and landing. Fun just sitting on the flight line watching things take off and land.
Ubiquitous aussie sausage sizzle as well, bbq sausage, fried onions, choice of tomato sauce or bbq sauce wrapped in a slice of white bread. The sausage sizzle accompanies just about every outdoor gathering anywhere in Oz. When the Bushfires were on and an evacuation centre was being set up, the local mayor was on TV and being asked if they had enough supplies, first on the list was 'we have sausages and bread' you had to laugh 😂
Went to view the Glover Prize exhibition on Thursday, Australia's premier landscape painting prize. Some ab- so- lootely stunning work, and some off the wall stuff too.

Rewired the trailer hook up on a bucket truck today. Some body likes to stab wires with the test light and in Ohio that’s a bad idea. Had to replace everything from the junction box for the plug. Then watched the youngest ice skate. Stopped at the arb store and picked up my new climbing lines. Now I’m at a fundraiser. This ought to be fun. I’m the DD for a herd of adults that haven’t been out in a while
Must be nice going daily grocery shopping at the arb store. Spoiled mother trucker! “ Honey I’m going to the arb store you need anything?” SPOILED!!! I tell you! While the rest of us poor bastards wait on UPS, Fedex, USPS, or have to drive hours and hours just to get there. Your gloating is getting trying mister. You and your ARB store. 🤯 No, I’m not jealous not at all stupid arb store of convenience to Treebilly and nobody else. O k maybe a little jealous but still, I’ll pout like a little baby if I want too. Lol

I get the concept and it makes sense but we don't have those laws here even thought there is of course lots of frozen/thawing ground most winters.

So basically, no truck over X GVW is allowed to travel the roads during mud season/posted roads?

Secondary rural roads are posted at 8 tons. My shop happens to be in the middle of one of those roads. I called the local municipality and they don’t even offer a permit. A few others do but also require a road bond. That range from $10-50 thousand, and to make it work I would need five permits as each municipality wants their own. So I take a months forced vacation some years it’s only been posted for a week. It’s a good time to catch up on maintenance, firewood, fabbing projects, and other bullshit. Wisco life!

Good day. Went climbing with pigwot, treeaddict, and a couple other guys today. My wood tether still needs work. Had to switch back to the rope tether. Also, the first tree I picked was kinda lame, or at least my tie in was. Couldn't really go anywhere. Still fun though. Best Sunday in awhile!

Back