How'd it go today?

Gerry, your comment reminds me of this book which I have not read but it looks interesting and is on my Possibles list.

That sucks. Any particular reason that happened? A friend of mine has highly acidic water, and it's a challenge keeping everything going.

That sucks. Reminds me that I need to do some things at the shop to keep pipes from freezing. Got some nasty cold weather coming in

Short day. It was raining when I got up, with snow forecast for later. Client seemed excited to get piles laidout, so I went in with the anticipation of getting up there around noon when the snow slowed enough/stopped that it wouldn't hurt the gear. Client cancelled for the day after getting there. I drank coffee, and pretied some hitch cord. Home now, drinking whiskey, and watching the snow. Looks like it's gonna be a good day.

Everyone I know that does it hates it. Blood money they say.

I did it and loved the plowing part, hated all the rest of it.

We have some short bits of galvanized in our house...between the copper and outdoor faucets, or on the pressure tank manifold, but most all is copper. I've had the same issue as Brett a time or two 30+ years on.

I was gonna comment I don't think I've seen galvanized, but that doesn't mean much. I haven't seen much pipe in general aside from new construction. My place is all copper afaik, and the few other older houses I've seen were the same.

Does it pay ok?

Once established, the snow clearers around here make good coin.

It's not what I charge for climbing (about 1/2 my climbing rate/hr), but being tree work is few and far between now, can't complain.

You can make an absolute fortune moving snow.
And then some when you own the equipment. Plow gets mounted on the RAM next week. Then the money will start flowing in for flurries.

So long as you don't need to sleep much :).

What was that? Huhhhh...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Everyone I know that does it hates it. Blood money they say.

I did it and loved the plowing part, hated all the rest of it.

Pretty much spot on there.

My new file case...

IMG_20220120_162853.jpg

All my saws aside from my 661 are in cases, and I like to keep some files in the cases with the saws. Keeps me from having to get my toolbag out. The 5/32" files will fit in a piece of heavy corrugated cardboard, but I haven't seen any with corrugations big enough for 13/64". Remains to be seen if the foam holds up to gas and oil, but you can't beat the price.

I have something like this one. Toss the two measuring gauges out and it holds a scrench nicely.

Back