The Tree House loves TreeStuff!

How'd it go today?

Fiddler

Treehouser
Blew more leaves today...think I'm done finally. Happy I got them all up before it snowed this year.

Got a call today...my good friend Charley who I've been helping on his farm from time to time the last few years, passed away from cancer on Monday.

No more pain is a good thing I guess. Glad he got to go at home.

Bermy

Acolyte of the short bar
I like the Ninja Ice gloves too. Didn't need them much this winter though.
Someone gave me a tip early on when we moved to a country with winter, to put my gloves on the windscreen defrost vent while driving to work. Makes them nice and toasty!
I find putting cold gloves on sucks all the heat out of my hands, just to warm up the inside of the gloves, so you are starting from a deficit to try and have warm hands.

flushcut

TreeHouser
I like the Ninja Ice gloves too. Didn't need them much this winter though.
Someone gave me a tip early on when we moved to a country with winter, to put my gloves on the windscreen defrost vent while driving to work. Makes them nice and toasty!
I find putting cold gloves on sucks all the heat out of my hands, just to warm up the inside of the gloves, so you are starting from a deficit to try and have warm hands.
We dry our gloves that way in between jobs or lunch run chip dump run. Another tip is to not let damp gloves get cold. Take them off and stick them in your pockets in your bibs if you are wearing any.
Spare pairs are key for really wet weather.

Jonny

Treehouser
I’m so sorry man, my deepest sympathies to his family and friends. I hate cancer so much. It just takes beautiful, strong, healthy people and makes them the weakest husk of their former selves before finally taking them.
One day we’ll beat it, I believe.

bullbrauch

Absolute FNG
Had a good thanksgiving. Did a few things around the house. Cooked dinner. Didn’t realize till the turkey was about half way done that I couldn’t smell a thing. Still have taste but the experience was not whole.
I only laugh because I had the same crap happen last night and it's still there today. I guess we've got a minor case of the 'ronas! I figured it out last night when I hit one of my favorite breweries and the beer didn't taste right at all.

The Tree House Loves TreeStuff!