How'd it go today?

White pine has long soft needles, very fragrant when broken, and gets you sticky if you look at it too long.

edit:
Bummer about the arm, but he seems to be taking it well.

Looks good to me. I've never been fussy over field equipment. Functionality's more important than looks, and stuff's gonna get beat up. Takes too much time to keep a museum piece.

What did you end up using?
What I had. 6013. All they had and I had was bigger 6010 and 6011. So I made do with the 6013 5/64.
Soon as thr rod got bigger, just blow more holes soon as i started the rod. Just build and stitch. Fill the bug holes and grind the shit out of it.
Our little town barely stocks anything. I mostly have order shat in, or drive 1-2 hours each way.

They don't know shit about welding, cause they don't do a bunch. Canada is actually leading the world atm, with their huge infrastructure and energy projects. 6013 is too slow, and isn't even low hi for the decreased speed. 7018 is loved by engineers, and they have a point because of less cracking and skill levels. But cellulose rods are still used for tons and tons of highly critical xray welds done in the worst imaginable environments, at increased speeds. Good job getting it done Stephen, and now you have some more skills to work on. Don't worry, like anything else worthwhile, it only takes a lifetime! You'll get it, i know you will. And absolutely zero shame in using what you got, that's usually all i use.

What I had. 6013. All they had and I had was bigger 6010 and 6011. So I made do with the 6013 5/64.
Soon as thr rod got bigger, just blow more holes soon as i started the rod. Just build and stitch. Fill the bug holes and grind the shit out of it.
Our little town barely stocks anything. I mostly have order shat in, or drive 1-2 hours each way.
6013 is designed to be used on sheet metal in this very application. Looks good from a distance :lol::P

I haven't done any tree work the past two days just moving stuff into the new shop. Buying stove pipe, putting up shelves, buying wire for the electrical, and trying up come up with a plan for everything. Back at it today with two oaks to vista prune, hickory canopy raise over a house, a elm to raise above a garage, and a small honeysuckle to tear out of the ground. And maybe some storm damage for the afternoon if motivation strikes.

Back