How'd it go today?

Not sure I could deal with fires like that. Biggest issues I have to deal with is knuckleheads dropping trees across the roads and wiping out power. That happened today up the road from me. I was off this morning getting the wife to the ortho people and grabbed my work on the way home. Starting my route and the local FD had the road closed. Called the captain and asked if it was an act of god or idiots. Even better. They just bought the saw a half hour before from the dealer two doors away and from the guy we both went to school with. Small world! Hit a bunch of estimates, bought a job box to mount in the truck (old plastic ones cracked bad), spent two hours looking for vacuum seal bags, and went home. Not looking forward to tomorrow. Pretty sure one of our better foreman showed up drunk and got fired this morning along with other issues today. Morning meeting should just be a blast.

Work drama's the worst drama, or is that woman drama?? Well, work drama is all I'd potentially have to deal with, and that's a low potential. Good luck tomorrow!

Rain today...

Anyway, I've been digging through the house trying to find mine, and broke my leatherman opening a stuck drawer. Blew the rivet out prying with the screwdriver. I'm objectively worse off than when I started...
Repaired the leatherman with a copper rivet. I'm a little dubious regarding durability, but the break wasn't on the plier end. The main reason I wanted it fixed was the break was on the knife half, and I like the knife for cutting junk so I don't mess up my good blades. I don't even like the leatherman much, but the pliers are super handy. I've broken just about every tool in it cause the steel's too hard. Normally, hard steel would be a good thing, but if I'm using a multitool, it means my proper tools aren't available/convenient, and I'm gonna be abusing the multitool to get things done. Hard steel doesn't stand up well to abuse. If I were to buy a new tool, I'd try the Victorinox multitool. My Swiss army knives held up well to abuse. More frequent sharpening, and the occasional application of a file or hammer, but they keep on going.

IMG_20200910_111202.jpg

I bid approximately 28,000 today. Hope to get 15% of that on the books. Apparently I sell the company to well. I’m getting 60% of my bids. That’s not being low bid either. To add to my list of chores, I now have to do the ISA test. Not that it’s a big deal but I’ve had issues with paying for a credential that means shit in my area. We have one large account that thinks it means something so someone has to step up. Not knocking anyone who is a CA but it’s a money grab. I’m well known and respected by my local municipalities and all but one over look the piece of paper. Even the local CA’s agree that I’m over qualified. Hell I’m not paying for it. What’s another paid day to sit in a room. If the back log counts, I sit through more stuff than is required for the BCMA every year. Doubt I could pass that test but would prolly do well on it.
Sorry for the small rant. It’s been a long day. Congrats on 4K worth of doing stumps Daniel.

Went to AutoZone for a locking hitch pin so my new pintle ball hitch is a little less likely to walk away. Stopped at a yard sale and got a Proto hacksaw for 3$ :)

AC went up on the truck today. I'm guessing the clutch. I guess that's it for the ac til the truck's gone. Maybe the clutch can be easily fixed? I'll see if the mechanic can do something cheap with it when it's in to have the check engine light taken care of. I'd try some of this myself, but it isn't my problem. The arrangement is work's supposed to take care of repairs. I do the oil changes cause it isn't that bad, and I can use the supplies I want, but I don't enjoy autowork, so someone else can deal with the rest.

*I don't spend other people's money any different than I spend mine, so I'm considering the ac done. The truck's pretty old, and isn't worth spending money on luxuries.

*That's not 100% true. I'd consider fixing it myself to save money, but like I said, it isn't my problem. I paid for the truck with the understanding repairs would be taken care of, so I want the benefit of the deal. I don't feel like getting greasy, and fighting with rusted on parts to save some money in this case.

DCF6666D-3731-4C45-8D41-40B59CCDF852.jpeg 20FBC2F6-E7C8-48F1-AF7B-F55A893C7502.jpeg
happy birthday to me. Well not really. I just picked it up this morning. I was told to ride along. Sorry, I’ll drive. Piss on sitting in the deadman seat. This chipper is a beast.
Did a bunch of estimates.Slow day. Did look at a real tight quarters removal. I want it bad just for bragging rights. Ten other companies have turned it down. Not that it’s bad, just very tight. I’m figuring 3 days of climbing. Drop zone is roughly 5x10 and that is still on a deck.
My real birthday gift. The stainless cover, seasoning tray, and oversized grease catch. 313B5D47-F2A2-4977-A3EE-EB2F723B72BB.jpeg

Back