How'd it go today?

I love watching a good third baseman's arm, B , they throw bullets. Even a fast pick up requires a fast throw to get a left hand hitting speedster out at first.

Agreed...and more than a small few of them have been converted to pitchers over the years, even after ascent to the Show.

I wonder if anybody heard the interview with former baseball star, Lenny Dykstra, on the Howard stern show? A good player but often considered crazy. Lenny said that after he realized that umpires were a big controlling factor in his life, he used to hire people to dig up dirt on them. When at the plate he might casually mention something he knew that if it got out, could be embarrassing to the guy calling balls and strikes. Lenny said it was sure to give him favorable calls. i thought that hilarious.

New alternator in one truck. Squeaks & rattles all gone. New battery in the other. New license tags on...:|:Could've paid my property tax for what I spent on vehicles this month.

New Sam Bush CD came in the mail...now it's listening time...8)

Jay, it was a very fun interview to listen to.

Dave, ouch.

Had a small stump grind to do in Delhi this morning, dry and dusty. Have some service to do on the stump grinder, some cracked and loose air filter parts I made. Need a fuel shut off for the tank, carb floods on longer drives. Had some A/C condenser fans in the shop, going to drop them off on the way to get parts, do a tree quote and pick up some lunch. It's a hot one today.

A not so fine day, today.
I subbed for one of the big outfit, cutting a line of Prunus cerotina down between buildings and stacking it up for the container truck to pick up.
Pouring rain all day.
I just spent the better part of an hour picking thorns out of my hands, will have to let the rest fester, before I can get them out.

On a positive note, my apprentice told me that he'd decided not to go on the planned 3 week motorcycle trip of Europe in his vacation, but would stay home and get in shape for logging, which starts the day after his vacation ends.
Said he didn't think he'd be much good after 3 weeks of " Weib, Wein und Gesang", so he had decided to do that some other year.
Talk about dedication.

I think someone is fuggin' with me. Second address that doesn't exist. I couldn't find it on google, so I saved up other errands to do in the area and recce'd (reconed) the place before setting up a meeting. Hmmm.

Spent the day at camp, removed a few trees on the grounds and got my camp fees back, tomorrow is trimming day which will replace my fuel money. Gotta come back after labor day to do the gnarly stuff that I don't want bystanders around for. Looks like it's gonna be a couple good days worth of trimming and removing this fall. Now it's s'mores by the fire. Oliver is just loving all this outside playing and camping adventures.thought we could scare him into staying at camp by telling him the bears would eat him, he grabbed a stick and said "Yea, I eat bear"

Just hanging around selling hay bales! It's funny how after growing it, loading it off the field into the barn by hand, it still somehow seems like found money when I sell some! Things are going well here with the hay season, if it all works out for me on the 2nd cut my feed costs for my own horses and donks should work out close to nil. Which would be fantastic.

Back