How'd it go today?

Thanks guys. It was a beautiful day for it. Forgot the string (retired throwline) to tie down some tarps so the dog and I went back out after hours. It was a good evening. Long day, but this way I could pull the boat out and take it down the hill with me.

Yep, little benches. There were eight of them, but I could only fit six on the boat with the hound, so we'll put the other two somewhere else.

IMG_20160608_181154566.jpg

Did someone say the Hound?

114174-Rory-McCann-The-Hound-actor-Ga-b1dV.jpeg

Moving some wood around with the old portable winch. Wet Hemlock, heavy stuff.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4LAwVLixRs8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Good rigging there...looked well done. Fine quality video...GoPro?

Were you hired to do that or cleaning a stream on your property?

4 days of leaning crispy dead and mostly dead oaks has about whooped my arse. Job done, check in hand.
Cooked my 044 though :(
I nick named her after Katy. Light, powerful, temperamental, cuts through wood light butter. See if I can rebuild her again. Started leaning out and then made a clatter. Something went.

Dang, sorry about the saw...

Work went super-smooth this morning. Now to pack up camper for the festival and get ready to play a show tonight.

Show is on an outdoor stage in fornt of a micro-brewery as part of a town party. Should be a great time!8)

Playing at 8:30 so not sure if i'll head out to set up camp tonight or tomorrow morning...wait and see how I feel after I'm back home form the gig I guess.

We've got our local Lumby days this weekend. A far cry from what it used to be(all my years growing up it had full lumberjack comps, pole climbing, log rolling, choker races, saw races, chopping, you get the idea) but now nothing. Still has live music all day, beer gardens, vendors or nearly everything, and you Americans will like this a big gun show/swap as well. Midway for the kids too which is where my hooligan will be spending the next couple of days. I may just go and get drunk and rowdy just for the halibut!

Get with the times, Squish. Who needs all the noise and commotion when you can chop down a tree with some application on a smartphone.

Had a great time playing the show last night. Good musicians, great crowd, nice weather.

left there and went a few blocks down the road and jammed at someones house 'til 2 am.

Now to pack the camper and head out to set up camp for next week.

Going to be a busy week commuting between working her at the golf course and working down a the festival, plus a gig to play down near the fest on Thursday.

How did I ever have time to run a business and hold a full time job?:lol:

Done rode the shoes right off my horse last night. I was scheduled for next Thursday to get re-shod but threw both the rears last night. Wore the shoes down and the nail heads right off! Now that's putting some miles down. 8)

Nice Squish! I used to foxhunt with the local club when I was younger. I'd come home from school every day and go take care of the neighbors horses, which meant he'd let me use his tack and his wife's (who had passed) horse. I used to ride the shoes off that old girl, a beauty of a little american quarter horse named Snickers.

Good times.

Get some new tires on that thing. 8)

Justin, I'm thoroughly enjoying my time. Not missing trees a bit (but still getting calls).

I've played more music out in the last month than I have in 5 years. Meeting tons of talented young musicians who've come on the scene since I last played out. I have to laugh when they say "where did you come from?" like I'm new to the thing:lol:

Good to see your getting in your riding and enjoying the beautiful countryside around your place.

Sam, almost tried getting hold of you to maybe have a cup of coffee or breakfast and a visit last time I was up there. I believe I have to go back up once on each of the next 2 months...maybe we can hook up to say "HI" if it fits into your schedule...

Nice Squish! I used to foxhunt with the local club when I was younger. I'd come home from school every day and go take care of the neighbors horses, which meant he'd let me use his tack and his wife's (who had passed) horse. I used to ride the shoes off that old girl, a beauty of a little american quarter horse named Snickers.

Good times.

Get some new tires on that thing. 8)

Nice!

Today is looking fantastic. I get to go watch my kid in a parade this morning and then she's heading to the midway with her buds and my wife and I are going on a big trailride.

My farrier is the best he's already been out and the Golden Nugget has four shiny new shoes on!

Fox hunt. I bet that was a blast!

Back