How'd it go today?

Seems like we are all in a cycle of sorts.
I had my F250 scheduled for brakes today... Game plan.. Account lined up on way..
Load truck to unload at account before drop off.
Go to get other truck and chipper to follow me over..
Robert goes to check the fluids in the F350... Radiator a gallon low ?? Ummmm.. he adds water.. Leaking all over..
Looks like a steel strap got in the fan and beat the shat out of the radiator.
Nothing 1k won't fix between the two:|:
Well... radiator is on order, up grading.. 3 core
Brakes done
Oh well....

Chipper is running better than ever, or at least as well, I think (in the 7 years I've had it.)

Now, tomorrow morning, dump a tall fir with heart rot into the wood at D's Preschool. Then a new horn, and coolant overflow on chip truck. For a minute, I was wondering if I'd screwed the pooch with the new cap/ wires.

New twin lamp, 500w each, halogen work lights on a tripod. Ready for some emergency work. One more single adds to the light.

Talked to a preschool mom about getting my Facebook company page going. Willie's SOTC has a nice look.

Thanks for all the congratulations everyone. It is a big step in responsibility for sure, made even more difficult by the fact that I have no idea who is going to show up at any given emergency call. Yes, I shall do my best Gerry!

It sounds like you are having fun this winter Sean. It is always fun for me to check a whole bunch of maintenance issues off my list in short order.

Should be better than ever Stephen. The 250's up here at least had a bad reputation for getting hot. One method was to get a radiator and support out of a diesel. Those were great, big brass sucker, not the dinky little plastic sucker for my 460.

Oh, yeah. Sorry I thought it was a 250.

I have a 93 with a 460 that always ran hot, even in winter. It had a hydraulic pump on it for a bale bed, it ran with a couple of v belts. It required a spacer to make room for the belts and it moved the fan a lot closer to the radiator. When I took all that stuff off and moved the fan away from the radiator it runs like a refrigerator now. Dont know what to tell you. It would have been interesting to know what the temp differential was between the top and the bottom of the rad before it got f ed up.

Congratulations Jim. Or Cap'n Z

I took three weeks off to work on my house. New paint in the kitchen, and breakfast nook, new trim in the nook too. Turned the screen porch into another bedroom......

A great change of pace.

I'm back on the saws now.......the new MS661 is gonna be a big part of what I'm doing I see. It's a real runner stock, and formidable once ported.

I fixed my gf's father's gas boiler finally. It would kick out and have to be reset. I pulled the pilot out and blew it out. No good. He had a pro come and he did the same thing. Still no good. I got the thing totally disassembled, not easy, and could see the 2 small orifices. I got a tiny piece of wire through and it kept going without kicking out now. Whoo hoooo. 5* and 30 mph wind is not when you want to be without a furnace.

Just saved 1100 bucks fixing power sliding door on wife's sienna mini van. 107 dollar part.....few hours of time.

Dealer quoted 1200 to fix.....lying bastards!

Went to a preschool parent work party. Got there early. Got the doug-fir with pini down. Maintenance Chief (all volunteer positions at the preschool) spotted an alder that was leaning toward the school, pushing more and more on a new fence, giving evidence of it tipping. The school was struck by lightning a year ago, and the ground current blew out a small ditch, aimed right at the base of the tree. Probably fried some roots. Good thing I had my chipper on my pick-up. A couple helping parents, and I had my groundie with me. Two hazardous trees down. 50 or more to go, there at the school.

three trees...free.

50 with root rot...logging show. I could rent an excavator to move logs to the loading area. We'll see. Good part is that the rotten roots support solid trunk wood, after long butting, possibly (cut butt up the bole until no more decay. Avoids most metal, too. )

Back