How'd it go today?

This afternoon's project. I'll send some more pictures later. Backyard no crane.
evaqyhar.jpg
ragatery.jpg
6eme2ana.jpg
u2aba8ur.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was wrecked yesterday, Norfolk Pine takedown, not a particularly tall one but, loads of obstacles below, Belco had to come and put the wire down but there was still telephone and cable below, hedges, a driveway...hot and humid too.
Got the crane truck parked in the right place and I was able to boom over and drop pieces into it from the high lift. Had to wrestle some bits onto the rail balance them then pitch them, one section rigged, then the crane on the truck could reach the rest, two picks, then left a 10' stump because the HO wanted the trunk for a screen from the neighbours.
They added an extra (worth another $350), remove a fan palm, flopped it in one, then the crane picked up the whole shebang and off to the dump. yay.

Pruned my 'Sausage tree' (Kigelia) today, and managed to cut my forearm with the Zubat and whacked my kneecap hard with the Sugoi...I'm limping, knee is VERY sore, might have to have a sick day tomorrow on the beach.

Just got back from looking at a water oak take down...first thing I saw when walking up was the bees swarming about 40' up. Homeowner hadn't noticed them. We agreed on a price, with him calling his wife's uncle (an exterminator) about getting rid of them. If he can't, I'll have to go back one evening after dark and climb up and spray/gas them so I can go back the next day to take the tree down.

I have noticed that when people fold up my estimate sheet after I give it to them they never call me back.

Spiked a fever at work today. Got all delirious and dizzy. Finished what I was doing but wanted to crawl in the truck and die the whole time. Drove home, almost whacked a mailbox on the way, and went to bed. Woke up at dinner time sort of out of it but my body didn't hurt as much. It was bizarre. All the sudden at work, every joint hurt, and my body ached and my skin was sensitive.

Speaking of nails, I did a sub Monday 68 miles from home. Went to clear limbs on two large sweet gums from over a house. Wound up taking both down. Then had to buck them up in 4' lengths. Hit two nails and barbed wire on the first. Got that sharpened back up. Started bucking the second from top down after dropping the spar...went well until the LAST cut. Hit three nails, so I moved up several inches....and hit 6 more... I believe I have hit more nails in the last two years than in the previous 26...

Did u eat or take anything different? That sounds bizarre!
I spent the last 2 days running wire for a new brewery that being constructed. It was pretty cool seeing all the tanks and such involved in brewing beer. The owner is a tight ass and rather than investing in good tanks he bought second-hand from Slovenia and is having issues now. The tanks are all flat bottomed and the pumps cannot be converted for our electricity so he's gonna have to spend for new ones now.

I have noticed that when people fold up my estimate sheet after I give it to them they never call me back.

Haha, that's good. I've noticed when I give my estimate to rich folks and they are all smiles and thankyous but without saying "do it", they never call back.

Haha, that's good. I've noticed when I give my estimate to rich folks and they are all smiles and thankyous but without saying "do it", they never call back.

Another hope killer is when the guy says he needs to talk to his wife. I'm thinking, "well, you are either a pussy, or you are lying"

Back