How'd it go today?

Exactly Chris, there's just as much, if not more on the business side some days it seems. Having a climber or a partner is a huge key I've found. Since I've started full time with Dad revenue has been going up every year. Partly because of the equipment and partly because he can focus more on estimates and fewer slip down the drain now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya, Im starting to feel like the business is stuck in the same routine if I cant break away from the tree and steer the business.

I had a pretty killer night tonight. Met with new clients after my day job, a really nice older couple in an upscale suburb or Marquette. He wanted two little 40' maples taken out next to the house, a big backyard four leader oak deadwooded, and two standing dead on the woodline dropped. All told it took me about four hours to spike the first two, SRT up the various leaders on the oak, and flop the standing dead. Made some good coin, and have them lined up for a big pine takedown this weekend.

all gravy. 8)

Hope you all had a good start to the week.

Cheers.

Ya, Im starting to feel like the business is stuck in the same routine if I cant break away from the tree and steer the business.

This was Dad's problem for years man. He never wanted to leave the field and focus on the business. It took me many summers and a year of full time work before he finally started breaking away to focus on business things. Now he breaks away quite often and some days will just leave me and the guys alone to do whatever we have planned for the day and its paying off big time now. We're growing, winters are getting a little better every year, we can afford equipment now. Don't fall into that rut of field work all the time, find a good balance between the two, and things will flow smoothly and growth will come.

I went fishing today, bout time!

hiked about a mile up stream, theres no trail, just hike in water of river, it was rough but

Hooked up a few rainbows

packing .44mag ruger red hawk after seeing 2 mountain lions last year and plenty of cali black bears as well in this area

I've expanded my business slightly this season. Stepped back from most of the cutting and just running things. It's working out great for me. Quite certain I'm gonna make more money and do less work. Today I'm putzing around the shop tinkering. Maybe mow my lawn. I went to one job this morning and sent the men off to two others without me. I'm really enjoying this new found freedom.

Thats great squishy, take the load off yourself a bit, its nice to get other stuff done :thumbup:

as long as you away from city or towns in BLM land or national forest your ok...I carry all the time when hunting, fishing or hiking.

after you see 2 mountain lions close up (man there big) its a no brainer for me ;) I run into black bears from time to time but they scare easy enough, just yell "bad bear" watch em run LOL

That's awesome you can carry like that. Here you can have a rifle, no carrying a handgun without a special permit. Guides are eligible, but it's not easy to get.

Id be shitting my pants leaving guys. Id rather do the work then sell the work. Picked up the delivery unloader today. Boxer tomorrow hopefully. Been without a mini all week. Really lame.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 64
That's your backhoe Brendon?

I'm getting surgery on my hands this fall. One this year the other the next if it helps. I'm not overly fond of climbing and cutting right now. I pay the price.

As long as you do all the cutting you're self-employed. Eventually I want to have a saleable entity. 25-30 years out.

Finished digging up stumps from my hundred tree job. There must be twenty tons of them. The customer wanted them left on the large property to save the seven or eight grand dumping fees, but after seeing the hugeness of the lot, he isn't so sure now. Ran the largest excavator in my experience by far to remove them. The power is simply awesome on those big rigs. Some you have to dig a little or more than a little in sandy soil if the roots go deep straight down, but clawing those big things out of the ground is really cool! Pretty amazing, really, I mean you can just rip them out. Very beautiful in a destructive kind of way. Definitely a must have tool if you have the 100 grand or so. Leasing for a couple days isn't too bad, though.

Jim, the first day I used a smaller excavator, then changed it for a much larger one the second day. You know those kind that you can hear working from a long distance away. No comparison in the time factor, and the fun one as well..

Got pulled by state trooper for window tint.......blah blah BS
His windows were darker then mine

Back