How'd it go today?

I use a bigger rope when bouqueting a top like that. Heck, I'd use a bigger rope, period. That was a pretty big top for that size rope.

Some people get into rats, I know one family that didn't mind theirs crawling on the dinner table. No thanks if I ever got invited, might have to jab the sucker with my fork.

I can testify that rats are pretty smart. I swung a big stick at one once and it actually ducked. Pretty amazing to see. The second time I aimed lower. :evil:

We had a rat problem . They get smart to poison. I bought some shot shells for a .357 that cost about 50 cents a piece. The rats zig zag evasive moves made me miss more than I got. I did get my shooting skills honed and got over half that I shot at. Scurrying rats give you a good shot of adreniline.

Oh rather well, dodged the showers a bit, got three smallish trees down, chipped and logged, managed to put a small hole in a shed roof but luckily he client had a half sheet so fixed it. Got paid.
Home by 2pm showered, made a cup of tea. Real against Bayern on the Telly tonight. Mustn't grumble.

Two short weeks, Easter and Anzac Day and just two small jobs and nothing this week yet. Never seen it this quiet, got one good one for next week and a possible good one to look at on thursday.

Went food shopping, at least I won't starve for a while and my home brew was on special so I saved a few bucks. My arms are a few inches longer though, had to park the truck way up the road but when I came out nearly the whole street was empty.

The walking or going broke?:)

There was a big Maori guy sitting outside when I came out having lunch with his wife and two kids and he looked at me like he new me, I think he must have seen my truck. I would have asked him to mind everthing till I could get back but the way their food was disappearing probably not a good idea.

Ha. No problemo. I pulled eight production hours yesterday and five quotes after work. Today 8 and field half a dozen calls(slower day for calls) and still have time to greet my kid when she gets off the school bus and entertain y'all with my antics.

I'm outside right now catching the last of the evening sun with my three dogs. Life's good.

I end up with some evening time here quite often as my daughter is crazy dedicated to her highland dancing. She takes ballet and acro-dance classes as well as cross-training. She's 9 and really wants a trophy, to this point she's had to compete upwards in age. Next year, she'll get her trophy. I support her as much as I can, but I really can't sit and watch dance classes. I feel weird around all the 'clean' people. I pay for it, take her when I have to to class and dutifully sit through every competition.

So that's where my wife and daughter are now. When they arrive home you'll see me disappear. My girls are my favorite people in the world.

Back