How'd it go today?

Some wood to split this morning before it gets too hot .

Mrs. Smith has a family reunion today if she feels better .Poor old gal caught a bad summer cold .Missed McGuffey lane last night at our local square fair .Tonight is Eddy Money if she feels up to it .

No big deal to me .I'd just as soon hear it on CD on my patio .I can drink beer and listen to music without the company of 6-8000 people around me .

Nice relaxing day. Caught up on some housework, did a couple of splices. Now it's time for a long dog walk before food & beer oclock. I love lazy saturdays

Was gonna go out and estimate today but it's raining again, so gonna go test drive some vehicle with my wife instead.

Had plans to do two estimates this morning, Toyota had a flat though, and the spare won't fit with the disc brakes I put on it. So I went to my house and changed two tires with the manual tire changer. Put those on, then dad took the truck to the dump. Did the two fronts after I got the truck back, all set now. Just need to get them balanced. I knew the truck needed brakes, but I noticed while taking the tires off I'll have to do ball joints too.

Now I'm looking for the next project.

Easy day here. Went and drove a skid steer for a few hours, loading up 3 truck loads of wood that we hauled to a burn site. Favor to some friends who's Dad just passed away, he had the wood there to split. Some pretty big pieces. Fun times fitting the big pieces in, kinda like a big game of tetris. Not to mention the skid steer we rented was just about brand new with an enclosed cab and A/C. I was more than happy to drive it8)

Taking it easy the rest of the day. Splicing up a rope for someone tomorrow and just chilling. Monday I'm taking my car in to get some repairs made. Mainly fix the condenser on my A/C unit. Sounds like water is in the fan and passenger side floor board it soaked, so we're thinking its just the condenser. Also going to get some minor problems that I've had fixed, so hopefully after this everything is good to go for awhile on it and I won't have to take it in for awhile.

Got a brisket on the grill this am, cherry smoke till 3 or 4 and chow down with some friends later this evening

Enclosed camp and A/C.

This is just plain WRONG!

A kid your age should start out as a whistlepunk, then work his way up ( slowly, very slowly) to a nice piece of equipment like that.

I sure hope you make it over here, so I can show you where your proper place is;)

Speaking of which; how goes it with the travel plans?

Spent this am finishing all my requirements for this semester except a test I have to take on Tue.

Now going to eat, shower, and load instruments for the trek through the rain up to my buddy's to help him load the sound system and head for the gig to set up. We finish at midnight, then tear down, load and unload equipment, then 2 hour drive home. Probably get home around 4-5am. Going to be a rather long day, but well worth it to get away and pick a bit of music for a while.

The sweet lady did recover enough to go to her family reunion .

Tom's ladys' son Kenny brought out a nice load of red oak and I've been keeping Budweiser in business all afternoon .We all have to do our part especially on a nice,not too hot Saturday .:)

Dinner out with family... now waiting for the movies to start at the drive-ins.

Brush cutter extravaganza last couple days... Pretty much just cleaning up new growth and a clearing job from last year. Lady booked 2 days a month indefinitely :)
I am now officially on vacation :D One more day to secure some loose ends and away we go :)

Test drove a used 2010 Lincoln Navigator (SUV) today. We have our eye on one down stateside and it is over 20K cheaper down there. We wanted to test drive one before we bought one via the internet.

What makes you think we're in a car? I'm doing turns around a point at 1,000 AGL. ;)

:p

I'll ask my son when he gets home to cipher AGL. He got a call this week, job offer from American Eagle. If he passes their medical check on Tuesday he will be a 1st Officer with them starting Monday the 15th!

Back